Interesting theory: God created randomness

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Interesting theory: God created randomness

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Mallz wrote:
slnfiowehfrO;FSDBNKBNWERILFBWEVKB ILWFRBUIL;
:lol: I hope you don't think that was random
sdfjhIGFo;jgfnsd;ojvnfio;gner;gerkg

Well I did it again and it didn't come out the same, so it is random.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Define random for me. Lets make sure we are working with the same term...
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Well I did it again and it didn't come out the same, so it is random.
No, you did it differently.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Mallz wrote:Define random for me. Lets make sure we are working with the same term...
made, done, or happening without method or conscious decision.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

happening without method or conscious decision.
Where was your lack of method or conscious decision?
Starhunter
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Starhunter »

So I take it Daniel that you equate randomness with chaos?

Is there any such thing as perfect chaos? Think carefully.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Mallz wrote:
happening without method or conscious decision.
Where was your lack of method or conscious decision?
what keys I hit, I made no concious decision to hit any particular key in any particular order, I just mashed the keyboard. The only concious decision I made was to do it, but the outcome was completely random, hence why I could not recreate it.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Starhunter wrote:So I take it Daniel that you equate randomness with chaos?

Is there any such thing as perfect chaos? Think carefully.
err no Chaos means-complete disorder and confusion.
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

How can it be complete disorder if it is consistently disorderly?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Starhunter wrote:How can it be complete disorder if it is consistently disorderly?
There is no consistency in disorder, your sentence doesn't make any sense, you can't have consistently disordered, it is just disordered.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

what keys I hit, I made no concious decision to hit any particular key in any particular order, I just mashed the keyboard.

This was your method, mashing the keyboard.
The only concious decision I made was to do it, but the outcome was completely random, hence why I could not recreate it.
The conscious decision was to use a keyboard which is an object and has a function which can only produce it's potentiality to try and demonstrate a point. Your outcomes are not random. You chose to approach your mashing differently from the first time which is why you obtained a different result.
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

disorder implies and can only be implied if there is order. And disorder can be part of order, but if disorder has any order, then it is not properly disorderly.

So long as there is order, there can never be disorder predominantly, which means that order overrules all the time.

However if there is total disorder and no order at all, then the system itself is all that exists and therefor cannot be disorderly, but just the perfect thing that is.
Last edited by Starhunter on Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Mallz wrote:
what keys I hit, I made no concious decision to hit any particular key in any particular order, I just mashed the keyboard.

This was your method, mashing the keyboard.
The only concious decision I made was to do it, but the outcome was completely random, hence why I could not recreate it.
The conscious decision was to use a keyboard which is an object and has a function which can only produce it's potentiality to try and demonstrate a point. Your outcomes are not random. You chose to approach your mashing differently from the first time which is why you obtained a different result.
You just restated what I said. 8-}2 8-}2

My outcome was random, hence why I could not recreate it when I did it a second time. I did not choose to approach it differently, it just happened differently by randomness.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Now I don't think you're even reading what I say. Forget it.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Starhunter wrote:disorder implies and can only be implied if there is order. And disorder can be part of order, but if disorder has any order, then it is not properly disorderly.
How much wood can a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood. :pound: