Interesting theory: God created randomness

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Interesting theory: God created randomness

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

If God is infinite wouldn't that entail being randomness, why would God create randomness when he is infinitely random himself? Just a thought I thought I would throw out there.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Starhunter
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Starhunter »

There is balance too, when any infinite item is introduced to our reasoning.

So on one hand we have infinite possibilities, and on the other hand we have a precise and predictable outcome.

I see it this way, when you watch an ant colony that's working well without any disasters, we have every ant doing what he wants, and as individuals or a colony, they get in everywhere, up trees, under ground, in houses, bins, carcasses, cars, and even aircraft. so they have quite a life style as far as freedom goes, but they are in a colony, which has a specific location and conditions which they call home.

God opens up the random end and balances it with a homing end, or a place of attraction. Using these two, there is a perfect result that caters for all.

How does this work with biological diversity and atomic behavior? With animals and plants, they have preferences among the many options. With molecules, they have many physical options, but prefer to follow the path of least resistance.
Both the worlds show specific characteristics and behaviors, there is predictability and precision, and at the same time, flexibility, randomness and variety.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

I like your anthill analogy SH.
I don't think random is still a proper term, though. I like 'homing end' better. More like, countless potentials waiting to be actualized. And an infinity that can spring from Elohim, but all serve some purpose. And even though infinity might lead to an idea of randomness, as you said, we are in a specific location with conditions in which we work and live in. Random assumes no guidance. I don't see any evidence of nothing being guided :)
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

How does God guide the universe?
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Through Himself and the creations He uses to maintain order. For example..
Laws describe natures of His order that are fundamental for existence (from physical to metaphysical and beyond)
Humanity exists to be in communion with Elohim, and maintaining moral and social order among many others.

Elohim is existence and through His existence, all other existing things make the base for other existing things as well as maintaining existence. Uh... that make sense?
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

How does God guide the universe?
Better answer..: Love!! y@};- y>:D< y@};- :penguin:
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

So what does randomness have to do with Love? And does randomness have a part in guiding the universe?
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:If God is infinite wouldn't that entail being randomness, why would God create randomness when he is infinitely random himself? Just a thought I thought I would throw out there.
Yes, infinity would have to include infinite randomness, as well as infinite order wouldn't it? a paradox we might say, just like justice and mercy, the two elements of love combined in God's character.

Whatever God's character is, will be reflected in His works, just like a famous painting is identified with the artist.

So if randomness is part of infinite capability, then randomness will appear in the universe.

What does that randomness do and what are its products?
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

I don't believe in 'randomness'.
And the universe (not randomness) is guided by love.
Starhunter

Post by Starhunter »

Mallz wrote:I don't believe in 'randomness'.
And the universe (not randomness) is guided by love.
Do you think randomness is part of love or not?
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Starhunter wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:If God is infinite wouldn't that entail being randomness, why would God create randomness when he is infinitely random himself? Just a thought I thought I would throw out there.
Yes, infinity would have to include infinite randomness, as well as infinite order wouldn't it? a paradox we might say, just like justice and mercy, the two elements of love combined in God's character.

Whatever God's character is, will be reflected in His works, just like a famous painting is identified with the artist.

So if randomness is part of infinite capability, then randomness will appear in the universe.

What does that randomness do and what are its products?
I suppose randomness of mutations but also the seemingly guidedness in evolution would be a by products of nature reflecting God's Character.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Define randomness. I agree with wiki that it is 'Randomness means lack of pattern or predictability in events'

I reject randomness. It doesn't exist.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Mallz wrote:Define randomness. I agree with wiki that it is 'Randomness means lack of pattern or predictability in events'

slnfiowehfrO;FSDBNKBNWERILFBWEVKB ILWFRBUIL;
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Mallz wrote:Define randomness. I agree with wiki that it is 'Randomness means lack of pattern or predictability in events'

That's how they speak in the outback! Roughly translated as:
"Foster's Australian for beer!"
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

:lol: I hope you don't think that was random