Replacing God

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
UsagiTsukino
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Replacing God

Post by UsagiTsukino »

What do we do when humans are now now accurate creating new plants and are able to change DNA and genetics? When sciences can act like God?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Re: Replacing God

Post by Kurieuo »

UsagiTsukino wrote:What do we do when humans are now now accurate creating new plants and are able to change DNA and genetics? When sciences can act like God?
I have no issue with this as long as we don't loose the precious originals.

But creating a machine that creates food from molecules like in Star Trek. That'd be cool and help plenty of hungry people.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Everything we do is a poor imitation of what God can do.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Everything we do is a poor imitation of what God can do.
:clap:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

One day a group of scientists got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God. So they picked one scientist to go and tell Him that they were done with Him.

The scientist walked up to God and said, "God, we've decided that we no longer need you. We're to the point that we can clone people and do many miraculous things, so why don't you just go on and get lost."

God listened very patiently and kindly to the man and after the scientist was done talking, God said, "Very well, how about this, let's say we have a man making contest." To which the scientist replied, "OK, great!"

But God added, "Now, we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."

The scientist said, "Sure, no problem" and bent down and grabbed himself a handful of dirt.

God just looked at him and said, "No, no, no. You go get your own dirt!"
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

UsagiTsukino wrote:What do we do when humans are now now accurate creating new plants and are able to change DNA and genetics? When sciences can act like God?
That we can impose our will on a VERY LIMITED aspect/part of nature does NOT mean we are even close to the "heel" of God.
God created matter out of Nothing and ALLOWED for that matter to have free will.
Let that sink in...
Vansdad
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by Vansdad »

Manipulation is not creation