Stigmata

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Mystical
Valued Member

Stigmata

Post by Mystical »

What is it, really? Believe it? If it's real, why are the marks on the hands and not through the wrists (to symbolize the wounds of Christ)?
ray
Recognized Member

stigmata

Post by ray »

My initial thought is always that whatever Christ or God has done, Satan will attempt to copy. Because of this, we need to look very carefully at all things and remembering that something that appears to supernatural will almost certainly be from God or Satan. The next question should be, "Is God glorified throught it?" The answer to that question should be a good indicator of the author. I think each instance of stigmata must be looked at individually.

Ray
ryo dokomi
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by ryo dokomi »

i dont believe that it is real, i think that those that 'claim' it did it to get attention. to get people to think that they are soooooo holy that God had to injure them to get people notice them and, and consequently nearly worship them.
Therefore, submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7

it is all about submitting before God, then, and only then, will we have the promise given in Luke 10:19
Forge
Valued Member
Christian: No

Post by Forge »

Do you think that is for all cases?
I DEMAND PIE, AND A BARREL OF WHIPPED CREAM
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

Why in the world would God cause such a phenomenon? For no good reason. So, if it's a bad reason, with God being all good, God would be by it proving His own nonexistence.

I don't know, makes sense to me. *kateliz snickers behind hand while hiding in the shadows of her own logic.*