God's Law V. Man's Law

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

God's Law V. Man's Law

Post by Jbuza »

Man's law has become a perversion. Think about this. I can legally kill my unborn child who can hear and see within the womb, but it is against the law for me to shoot the puppy that is laying quietly 10 feet away from me, who doesn't have open eyes, and still has plugs in its ears.

I like my puppy and am just using her for an example, also my unborn child is imaginary, I think.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

If you think that's bad, compare the average jail term for killing a person vs. killing a spotted owl. :?
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

puritan lad wrote:If you think that's bad, compare the average jail term for killing a person vs. killing a spotted owl. :?
Why do you think that is? Is it from the mindset of belief in no god and evolution? Do these people actually see the spotted owl as more valuable than man? Perhaps killing a man with six billion of them on the planet isn't all that bad compared to killing one of the few owls left.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Like you said before, man's law has become a perversion. There are many groups, such as PETA, who do value animal life over human life, though most don't come right out and say it.

I'm all in favor of protecting endangered species, but at the end of the day, if the last spotted owl were to die off, I would sleep just fine. (It won't be the first extinction).
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

:( I wouldn't sleep just fine. I would be plagued. No, not the first extinction, but one we would be responsible for.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

Mystical wrote::( I wouldn't sleep just fine. I would be plagued. No, not the first extinction, but one we would be responsible for.
Well that's the world the spotted owl has gotta live in ain't it. What are we doing when we artificially supporting animals that are no longer fit for the environment oh my. Perhaps we should pass laws protecting the evolutionary process from people like PETA.
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

Yeah, I suppose. Actually, it's also the same world that unwanted/aborted babies, abused children, rape/murder victims, the poor, and the sick have to live in. I suppose we should just accept it, not take any responsibility for it, and not try to change it. I think Jesus would like that.
What are we doing when we artificially try to support animals that are no longer fit for the environment oh my.
I think we would be valuing God's creation and taking responsibility for our actions...not being brats.
Perhaps we should pass laws protecting the evolutionary process from people like PETA.
Not really a comment worth responding to.

You don't have to be mean and rude just because I "disagree" with you, Jbuza. The fault in the law is not that animal life is valued, but that human life isn't. But, we can start with you...remember to love your brother/sister. We are on a Christian site, aren't we?
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

Mystical wrote:Yeah, I suppose. Actually, it's also the same world that unwanted/aborted babies, abused children, rape/murder victims, the poor, and the sick have to live in. I suppose we should just accept it, not take any responsibility for it, and not try to change it. I think Jesus would like that.
What are we doing when we artificially try to support animals that are no longer fit for the environment oh my.
I think we would be valuing God's creation and taking responsibility for our actions...not being brats.
Perhaps we should pass laws protecting the evolutionary process from people like PETA.
Not really a comment worth responding to.

You don't have to be mean and rude just because I "disagree" with you, Jbuza. The fault in the law is not that animal life is valued, but that human life isn't. But, we can start with you...remember to love your brother/sister. We are on a Christian site, aren't we?
That's my point man's law has failed miserably.

I'm not sure how it is rude to point out the nature of things. I am not sure why you are offensed by this. The fact remains that if evolution is true and man is aritificially supporting species that can no longer adapt and purposfully killing babies therby reducing the amount of survival of the fittest organism than that would seem to be kind of hypocritical.

I'm not sure how much of how I feel about this issue will be allowed on this site, but suffice it to say that man's law shows a clear perversion of what God set out in his law to Isreal.
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

Jbuza:

Yes. Mankind has failed miserably.
I am not sure how it is rude to point out the nature of things.
Maybe I was a bit sensitive. I felt as if "oh my" and "ain't it" lent a harsh tone to your reply. But, I am often told I am too sensitive :)
The fact remains that if evolution is true...
I don't believe in evolution.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

Mystical wrote:"oh my" and "ain't it" lent a harsh tone to your reply.
:oops: if I could just learn to keep my mouth closed
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

:lol: Stop! No big deal! :P