A window into my beleifs.

Discussions on a ranges of philosophical issues including the nature of truth and reality, personal identity, mind-body theories, epistemology, justification of beliefs, argumentation and logic, philosophy of religion, free will and determinism, etc.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

bizzt wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Jbuza wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote: I only wish you see the manor in which you preach is divisive and not unifying. A Muslim would offend you if he were to tell you that he preaches he truth. Can you not see you do the same?
What you say is true, but the truth must exist, and we all want to find it.

1 Corinthians 1:21 - For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 2:4 - And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
I choose to look in all the boxes.
That is like having your Hand in the Cookie Jars. One day it will be Caught. Seriously look into every Religion out there. Which has the Most Verifiable Evidence supporting it. Judaism and Christianity? I would say that is the only 2 that I am aware of that has the most Verifiable Evidence.
I don't need any evidence to know what is true in my heart. Logic and reason will never get you to the truth.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
bizzt wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Jbuza wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote: I only wish you see the manor in which you preach is divisive and not unifying. A Muslim would offend you if he were to tell you that he preaches he truth. Can you not see you do the same?
What you say is true, but the truth must exist, and we all want to find it.

1 Corinthians 1:21 - For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 2:4 - And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

1 Corinthians 1:18 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
I choose to look in all the boxes.
That is like having your Hand in the Cookie Jars. One day it will be Caught. Seriously look into every Religion out there. Which has the Most Verifiable Evidence supporting it. Judaism and Christianity? I would say that is the only 2 that I am aware of that has the most Verifiable Evidence.
I don't need any evidence to know what is true in my heart. Logic and reason will never get you to the truth.
Indeed... Truth is everywhere (it is like the Matrix :wink: ). However All Truth lies within God. If we do not know who God is then we have not Discovered Truth :)
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:I don't need any evidence to know what is true in my heart. Logic and reason will never get you to the truth.
How true this is. The Logic and Reason can only get you so far, no matter where they lead you, after that, like you say, it is a matter of what is true in your heart.

1 Corinthians 3:18 - Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

Proverbs 14:12 - There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 16:25 - There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.