Noah: worlds first zoo keeper

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.

Do you believe Noah had two of every animal on the ark?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 20

Deborah
Christian: No

Noah: worlds first zoo keeper

Post by Deborah »

question do you believe noah had 2 of every animal on the arK?

Discuss this and any evidence of the Ark here.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

I have stated before that this feat woudl not be difficult for God. He could have had the animals all sleep, and also had them not require food (Moses didn't eat or drink for a month when he was talking with God), or God could also have just made the ark larger on the inside than on the outside; He did speak the universe into existance after all.

I see it as a non-issue. The Bible says it, so I believe it. There are much more important things to dwell on. :)
ray
Recognized Member

Post by ray »

Noah did not take 2 of every animal, read Genesis chapter 7.

Ray
jerickson314
Established Member

Post by jerickson314 »

Well, the Hebrew word used for the male animals was "zakhar". Therefore, all of the "male animals" were really temple prostitutes. (Note my sarcasm and see here.)

On a more serious note, ever heard of the local flood interpretation? Hugh Ross holds to it, as does Rich Deem. Basically, under this view, only the animals from that particular area would have been on the ark.
tunde1992
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Noah: worlds first zoo keeper

Post by tunde1992 »

Of course he did how else would they u know make animal babies
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
-matthew 6:33
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

so exactly how then did the animals get to all different parts of the world? ? Did they walk on water over the oceans?
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Bovey
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Bovey »

By the wording of the question I would have to say no. I agree with Ray, Noah took two of every kind of animal, not two of every animal. He took two dogs with him on the ark, not two poodles, two black labs, etc. The question I'm going to ask you is why did Noah build the ark bigger than he needed?
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Bovey wrote:By the wording of the question I would have to say no. I agree with Ray, Noah took two of every kind of animal, not two of every animal. He took two dogs with him on the ark, not two poodles, two black labs, etc. The question I'm going to ask you is why did Noah build the ark bigger than he needed?
Your still talking over probably 100,000 animals in one boat. and the question still remains how did every animal in the world resettle into different parts of the world when there were still massive oceans in their way.
Bovey
Familiar Member

Post by Bovey »

Murray wrote: and the question still remains how did every animal in the world resettle into different parts of the world when there were still massive oceans in their way.
I was adressing the main question of the topic.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Bovey wrote:
Murray wrote: and the question still remains how did every animal in the world resettle into different parts of the world when there were still massive oceans in their way.
I was adressing the main question of the topic.
feel free to address mine
Bovey
Familiar Member

Post by Bovey »

Well from my knowledge as a freshman in highschool animals were transported from place to place when Noahs descendents migrated out into the world, they adapted to different climates and thats how you get all of the species of animals today. As far as the animals getting across the oceans I don't know much. Answers in Genesis, I assume you've heard of them (and if not I'm sorry), they have people who specialize in subjects like that but I haven't really looked into it, heres a link to their website. http://www.answersingenesis.org/ Hope that helps a little. Note there used to be a land bridge from Alaska to Russia, that may be a possible answer.
Mt. Olive Lutheran (LCMS)
Psalm 91
John 3:27-28
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Bovey wrote:Well from my knowledge as a freshman in highschool animals were transported from place to place when Noahs descendents migrated out into the world, they adapted to different climates and thats how you get all of the species of animals today. As far as the animals getting across the oceans I don't know much. Answers in Genesis, I assume you've heard of them (and if not I'm sorry), they have people who specialize in subjects like that but I haven't really looked into it, heres a link to their website. http://www.answersingenesis.org/ Hope that helps a little. Note there used to be a land bridge from Alaska to Russia, that may be a possible answer.

That would mean that over 500,000 species of animals would have to had cross the land bridge and spread out through the Americas
Bovey
Familiar Member

Post by Bovey »

Murray wrote:
Bovey wrote:Well from my knowledge as a freshman in highschool animals were transported from place to place when Noahs descendents migrated out into the world, they adapted to different climates and thats how you get all of the species of animals today. As far as the animals getting across the oceans I don't know much. Answers in Genesis, I assume you've heard of them (and if not I'm sorry), they have people who specialize in subjects like that but I haven't really looked into it, heres a link to their website. http://www.answersingenesis.org/ Hope that helps a little. Note there used to be a land bridge from Alaska to Russia, that may be a possible answer.

That would mean that over 500,000 species of animals would have to had cross the land bridge and spread out through the Americas
And can that not happen in a couple thousand years?
Psalm 91
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Bovey wrote:
Murray wrote:

No, it could not

And if all the animals were dumped out in mount Ararat, I'm assuming the penguins and walruses wouldn't have survived to long. Which brings me to another thing, migration to Antarctica. Did the cute little penguins swim there.

All in all, local flood theory makes more sense.
Bovey
Familiar Member

Post by Bovey »

Murray wrote:
Bovey wrote:
Murray wrote:

No, it could not

And if all the animals were dumped out in mount Ararat, I'm assuming the penguins and walruses wouldn't have survived to long. Which brings me to another thing, migration to Antarctica. Did the cute little penguins swim there.

All in all, local flood theory makes more sense.
Do you believe the Bible is inerrant, infallible, and true in every respect?
Psalm 91