I REALLY NEED HELP!

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
TL
Newbie Member

I REALLY NEED HELP!

Post by TL »

PLEASE HELP ME, I NEED YOUR HELP!

I have been sprinkle baptized and it has been proven that the only right method of getting baptized is being fully immersed in water. And because baptizing is required for salvation, this is really important for me. I am going to be baptized again. This is my decision. However I have a question, please help me!

I have my confirmation to the Lutheran Church tomorrow. Is it OK to do the confirmation and then, AFTER the confirmation, get baptized properly? Or should I give up and not go to the confirmation? Should I join another church instead? This is an extremely hard question. I just have to ask you and pray. Please help me!
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Baptism is not a requirement for salvation. The confirmation is irrelevant.
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Actually the Bible is open to interpretation as whether baptism is a sprinkle or immersion. Certain passages I've read for proof of immersion are often often misused, especially within membership classes (or "indoctrination classes" :P) for those who desire to become members of a particular church. Any passages you have been presented with, feel free to post them here.

I am personally open to either method, although I think immersion is a more romantic form of baptism. If you want to be apart of a particular church, then I'd recommend being baptised into that church anyway. Yet God knows the persons heart, and baptism is a sign of our faith in Christ. That is, baptism does not save. But it is best to work with your own understanding, so it would be good if you presented the passages in scripture that you have read or been presented with as supporting baptism being required for salvation. Then this issue can be discussed openly.

Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)