My E-Mail To American Atheists

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

My E-Mail To American Atheists

Post by Believer »

This is an e-mail I just wrote to American Atheists:
Hello American Atheists, although I AM NOT an atheist/agnostic/non-religious person, but a Christian, I wanted to tell you guys something and I hope you will read this in full. I know you guys STRONGLY believe there is 100% NO GOD. Well, the fact of the matter is there is a God, how do I know? I will tell you. This story is 100% true and as a Christian I stand by my faith and honesty.

Since I converted from an atheist to Christian, life really has been great, that's fine and dandy if your life is great too, but it is false the way you are living for yourselves. God has been using me in many ways through my dreams and not through dreams to get points across. Recently, I had an EXTREMELY, and I boldly put it extremely, vivid dream in a party like setting, this party was full of atheists and I was the only Christian in it to observe what was going on. Surprisingly, not knowing Ellen Johnson or David Silverman, they popped into my dream and stood out from all the other atheists. Now, I have had a grudge against atheists shortly after I converted to Christianity. I didn't know what you guys looked like prior to this dream. In this dream, out of nowhere, a powerful yet calming voice told me that "these people do not know, LOVE them, do not hate them". As I woke up exactly after the dream ended, I was lead to discover who Ellen Johnson and David Silverman were by coming to this website and finding pictures of them elsewhere on the internet. Is it by chance not knowing what you guys even looked like but through my dream that I confirmed what I saw in my dream was EXACTLY like the real pictures of you two? No. Look, I have other stories that would go well along with this one, but I wont do so because you would call me a "liar" and would say "well, it is a story afterall". I am a Christian who doesn't take EVERYTHING in the Bible litterally, I take some litterally and some symbolicaly. I believe in evolution and yet I am still a Christian. You don't have to be atheist to believe in evolution. You want scientific evidence and proof God exists, the Bible states he does not prove himself to the people who don't follow him. I am going off topic, I relize that, but I wanted to let you know, that as a person that thinks ALOT about the diversity of religions, the truth be told is there is a God, from a semi-scientific viewpoint, you say matter comes from nothing and/or matter has always existed, that cannot be true because if matter has always existed, matter still had to come from something, it could be infinite. Like my divine dream told me, the atheists don't know, they think they do, but they don't. I now know what you two look like, although I disagree with your "religion" and what you teach, I have to say that as a devoted Christian, I do love you guys and even though you have hardened your own hearts against God, you still have the chance to believe now or never. Another dream followed shortly after the dream I met you two in a few days later. The dream was actually about scripture. I don't read much of the Bible because I lose memory all to often, but what was in my dream was from the book of Matthew chapter 24, in which Jesus tells about the second coming. Now, I have always had this feeling since my conviction and conversion to Christianity that within this century sometime, Jesus (the person you don't believe in, yes there is secular evidence for Him) will reign upon us once again. Now not knowing the chapter yet having this second coming feeling inside of me, I was divenly told to read Matthew chapter 24. This confirms Jesus' second coming and my feelings I have always had. By chance when I don't know the chapter? Nope!

I just want to understand WHY you so strongly believe there is nothing out there, that there is no God or Jesus. How could these dreams confirm something I never knew about? I know it's not chance. I would like you to discover an answer to that. Like I said, I speak the truth in what I have told you, just like what Jesus said, you can believe me or not beleive me. It is your decision. I will pray for you and hope that something rings true to you (besides your absurd claims that there is no God or Jesus). I was once one of you, but through whatever happaned, I COMPLETELY did a 360 degree turn in life. Not through people, not through stories, but what I believe is active divine intervention. Again, I'm sorry about the lies that Satan HAS put in you, yes Satan is real, I have more personal stories about that. Well, I will leave it at that, hopefully you will get back to me, but if you don't, I understand. God bless!
What do you think?
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Good on you, Brian.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

I think Brain has come along way. Good to see you with strong faith hun.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

Yup... That's awesome HMG.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

Oh, also, according to the sub-site from http://www.americanatheists.org , NoGodBlog.com, David Silverman states this and I quote "Dave's quote: Of all theological beliefs, only Atheism has no flaws. Atheism is perfect."

What can you say about that?
jerickson314
Established Member

Post by jerickson314 »

HelpMeGod wrote:Oh, also, according to the sub-site from http://www.americanatheists.org , NoGodBlog.com, David Silverman states this and I quote "Dave's quote: Of all theological beliefs, only Atheism has no flaws. Atheism is perfect."

What can you say about that?
It has no flaws, I suppose you could say. For the same reason that the LeTourneau University football team has been undefeated since 1946. LeTourneau University has never had a football team.

(My older brother attends LeTourneau University.)

Also, I would say that Christianity has no flaws. Plenty of people have proposed interpretations of Christianity which have flaws, yes. However, at the core it has no flaws.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Good job. I guarantee they won't care but it was a good email.
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

Here's an update, because the lengthy e-mail I sent was sent to a large e-mail inbox to American Atheists, and probably rejected, I personally sent my letter to Ellen Johnson (president) and David Silverman (spokesperson) of American Atheists via their personal e-mail address. Yes, I am taking a "risk" but I am doing it so they KNOW what I dreamed was not by chance and they will "possibly" re-evaluate their position on atheism.
Dan
Valued Member

Post by Dan »

HelpMeGod wrote:Here's an update, because the lengthy e-mail I sent was sent to a large e-mail inbox to American Atheists, and probably rejected, I personally sent my letter to Ellen Johnson (president) and David Silverman (spokesperson) of American Atheists via their personal e-mail address. Yes, I am taking a "risk" but I am doing it so they KNOW what I dreamed was not by chance and they will "possibly" re-evaluate their position on atheism.
You've done a great thing, me, I can't stand another person's hardened heart but you're truly born again, you've surpassed many of us in faith and righteousness.
Forge
Valued Member

Post by Forge »

Mastermind wrote:Good job. I guarantee they won't care but it was a good email.
Yeah. You'd be surprise at how many atheists are "intolerant" as "we're" supposed to be. :roll:

Commendable effort, though I don't think it'll do much. But, maybe one day one atheist will say "huh... let me look into what this guy's saying".
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

Well, I am a little concerned now, because the fact that I e-mailed the president and spokeperson of the nations largest atheist organization, that is, their personal e-mail address, they have my first and last name as well as my e-mail address, and I am HOPING they wont go after me or broadcast my letter to the whole atheist community. I just wanted to make a valid point across to them, and I hope I am not over doing it. Read my letter again and see if there should be any concern for them coming after me or something else.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

HelpMeGod wrote:Well, I am a little concerned now, because the fact that I e-mailed the president and spokeperson of the nations largest atheist organization, that is, their personal e-mail address, they have my first and last name as well as my e-mail address, and I am HOPING they wont go after me or broadcast my letter to the whole atheist community. I just wanted to make a valid point across to them, and I hope I am not over doing it. Read my letter again and see if there should be any concern for them coming after me or something else.
Don't worry Brian, you've got God watching your back. :D

Romans 8:31
1 John 4:4
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

Felgar wrote:
HelpMeGod wrote:Well, I am a little concerned now, because the fact that I e-mailed the president and spokeperson of the nations largest atheist organization, that is, their personal e-mail address, they have my first and last name as well as my e-mail address, and I am HOPING they wont go after me or broadcast my letter to the whole atheist community. I just wanted to make a valid point across to them, and I hope I am not over doing it. Read my letter again and see if there should be any concern for them coming after me or something else.
Don't worry Brian, you've got God watching your back. :D

Romans 8:31
1 John 4:4
No, seriously, I am very concerned, they HATE everything that has to do with religion, that is why I fear and have a feeling they are going to come after me.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

Despite the little bit of humour I saw in the situation, I was serious as well. Did you read the 2 verses?

"If God is for us, who can stand against us."
"Great is He who is in you, than he that is in the world."

After such a remarkable act of faith; clearly one that God orchastrated through your dream, I'm saying that you can be sure that your shephard will keep you from harm.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Brian your faith is strong, you have come along way. Remember that.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”