Secular Evidence For Jesus Christ Requested

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
jerickson314
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by jerickson314 »

HelpMeGod wrote:My question is, WHERE do the secularists get their information to "disprove" Christianity?
A lot of it is misinterpreting valid evidence. Some of it is from a way of thinking that logically follows if atheism is true. Some of it is misunderstanding Christianity.
HelpMeGod wrote:Is it from other secular freethinkers that make something up to sound true.
In some cases, it probably is.

However, I will say that it seems many of them have been genuinely deceived and do believe what they claim to believe.
HelpMeGod wrote:I mean, you can inject what appears to be truth into lies.
Right, or you can misconstrue truth to get bad conclusions. Both can happen.
HelpMeGod wrote:So what is the total deal with all this atheist ****. I have been on some boards, atheists think they are winning the debate, then the Christian folk think they are winning the debate, who is right?
A lot of the boards, it seems that both sides have effectively decimated a position that the other doesn't hold. However, I have seen stronger evidence for Christianity.
HelpMeGod wrote:We all know Anthony Flew, that should be a good boost to show that there is a God.
That is good positive evidence, although not proof.
HelpMeGod wrote:I look at - http://www.atheists.org/christianity/ - and I start to doubt. Are these atheists taking doubt out of their information to make it stand out as fact?
Actually, nearly all of their claims in that section have been refuted by J.P. Holding at Tektonics. From what I see, that stuff does look pretty weak.
HelpMeGod wrote:Also, as a note, if you are a Christian who has a weak mind and frequent atheist websites, it poisons the mind and doubt heavily sets in,
That can happen. Doubt even sets in at times for me. However, I do suggest that you also look at Christian apologetics site and limit the frequency with which you visit atheist sites.
HelpMeGod wrote:don't do it unless you're strong in your faith.
Probably good advice.
HelpMeGod wrote:I know this sounds crazy, but I am even starting to doubt that the dreams I had were from God, but rather sub-concious generated chance.
This is what most atheists would claim. They like to use "subconscious of the gaps" reasoning.

However, experience is the best we have to go on. I think it is really more reasonable to attribute the experiences to God.
HelpMeGod wrote:I have been frequenting atheist websites a lot lately because I have the hugest grudge against them.
Take some time to look at Tektonics and other sites like that as well.

And I think the proper motive to look at atheist sites should be to understand where they are coming from so that you can evangelize and debate more effectively. Not due to grudges.
niggles
Newbie Member

Post by niggles »

if you consider me an athiest. I dont go by anything and never wanted to. im nothing i guess, do we have to choose. they put people in a seperate category if they dont believe, and are looked a like a bundle of outsiders. can we just be deaf and blind and never have a choice. What happens if one never makes a choice because he never even understood one word of religion or cared to. Which category is he placed in?
niggles
Newbie Member

Post by niggles »

rather than be just another mindless religious robot, mindlessly and aimlessly and blindly believing that all of this is in the hands of some spooky incompetent father figure who doesn't give a [poop], I decided to look around for something else to worship. Something I could really count on.

And immediately, I thought of the sun. Happened like that. Overnight I became a sun-worshipper. Well, not overnight, you can't see the sun at night. But first thing the next morning, I became a sun-worshipper. Several reasons. First of all, I can see the sun, okay? Unlike some other gods I could mention, I can actually see the sun. I'm big on that. If I can see something, I don't know, it kind of helps the credibility along, you know? So everyday I can see the sun, as it gives me everything I need; heat, light, food, flowers in the park, reflections on the lake, an occasional skin cancer, but hey. At least there are no crucifixions, and we're not setting people on fire simply because they don't agree with us.

Sun worship is fairly simple. There's no mystery, no miracles, no pageantry, no one asks for money, there are no songs to learn, and we don't have a special building where we all gather once a week to compare clothing. And the best thing about the sun, it never tells me I'm unworthy. Doesn't tell me I'm a bad person who needs to be saved. Hasn't said an unkind word. Treats me fine. So, I worship the sun. But, I don't pray to the sun. Know why? I wouldn't presume on our friendship. It's not polite.

I've often thought people treat God rather rudely, don't you? Asking trillions and trillions of prayers every day. Asking and pleading and begging for favors. Do this, gimme that, I need a new car, I want a better job. And most of this praying takes place on Sunday His day off. It's not nice. And it's no way to treat a friend.
-gc
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Felgar »

niggles wrote:Sun worship is fairly simple. There's no mystery, no miracles, no pageantry, no one asks for money, there are no songs to learn, and we don't have a special building where we all gather once a week to compare clothing. And the best thing about the sun, it never tells me I'm unworthy. Doesn't tell me I'm a bad person who needs to be saved. Hasn't said an unkind word. Treats me fine. So, I worship the sun. But, I don't pray to the sun. Know why? I wouldn't presume on our friendship. It's not polite.
If that's just a joke that went too far then fine. But I don't think it's fair for you to come onto a Christian board and mock our beliefs. If you have some serious questions to ask then we'll all be glad to help out, but if you're only here to have a laugh at our expense then you're not welcome.