Revelations on NBC

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Poetic_Soul
Established Member
Christian: No

Revelations on NBC

Post by Poetic_Soul »

There's a new movie coming in April on NBC called REVELATIONS. They have a clip of the movie at this web site. Check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Revelations/video/
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I am pleased.
Poetic_Soul
Established Member

Post by Poetic_Soul »

I wonder if they will stick to scripture.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

It looks kind of Interesting but I would not give it any more of a Standing Ovation then say Left Behind or Tribulation Force
Poetic_Soul
Established Member

Post by Poetic_Soul »

Well you do realize that we are dealing with Hollywood. So of course they are going to put there own spin on it. Like they did with Noah's ark. Total blasphemy againt scripture.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

going to program it into my tivo as soon as i log off!
Poetic_Soul
Established Member

Post by Poetic_Soul »

Well, the movie starts tonight. Hopefully it will stick to scripture.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

I felt from the previews that it was already way off. Didn't they have the second portrayed as another child birth?

Let me know how it is, I guess. But typically I have very little patience when it comes to Hollywood twisting scripture, esspecially when it's claiming to be an accurate/factual portrayal.
Poetic_Soul
Established Member

Post by Poetic_Soul »

So far it has been a let down.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

How inaccurate is it? From the previews I decided that I didn't need to see it, as it's probably just blasphemy which would do nothing but confuse my limited understanding of Revelations.

The movie deals with the end times, right? In the previews it was the talk of the 'miracle child' that turned me off. Revelations has no mention of a saviour being born to us in the end times, but rather He returns in majesty to defeat Satan and save Isreal. So if you're watching it, what are they talking about with the child?
Believer
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Believer »

Felgar wrote:How inaccurate is it? From the previews I decided that I didn't need to see it, as it's probably just blasphemy which would do nothing but confuse my limited understanding of Revelations.

The movie deals with the end times, right? In the previews it was the talk of the 'miracle child' that turned me off. Revelations has no mention of a saviour being born to us in the end times, but rather He returns in majesty to defeat Satan and save Isreal. So if you're watching it, what are they talking about with the child?
Maybe the soon to be anti Christ...
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

HelpMeGod wrote:Maybe the soon to be anti Christ...
Possibly. I was actually asking a question to someone who's watching it. Or is it just currently unclear even to those who are watching?