unrecognizable

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

unrecognizable

Post by Prodigal Son »

after his resurrection, Jesus was not recognized by the disciples right away...why?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Reason 1) If you saw someone die, saw him placed in a tomb (or heard from a reliable source), and saw that same person a few days later....are you going to really think that's a dead guy walking about? And if you're referring to Thomas...he was just a doubter, and needed physical proof (touching Jesus) to make sure it was true.
Reason 2) Wasn't Jesus transfigured or different in some other way? He was no longer stuck in the physical realm. He walked through walls and went large distances rather quickly (he popped in the room with the disciples, even though the door was locked, and he met two men on the road far away from Jerusalem...someone look it up, I'm tired).
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Prodigal Son
Christian: No

Post by Prodigal Son »

makes sense. thanks!
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

I'm treasuring this moment...look, my eyes are watering-I wasn't refuted!
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous