Life on Mars: What IF?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Life on Mars: What IF?

Post by Philip »

Remember this rock formation on Mars? OK, so it's only an unusually shaped rock and pareidolia. But now that we've just landed a robotic search for signs of life - or at least, for ancient, life - I'm wondering how many of you think there is NO way life could have been anywhere but on earth. And if unmistakable proof of ancient or recent life on mars were discovered on Mars - or any other planet, how would you see such a discovery in light of Biblical theology? Does the possibility disturb you? What?

Here's some pretty cool video of the Martian landscape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEyAs3NWH4A
Fliegender
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Schroeder's Creation Perspective

Re: Life on Mars: What IF?

Post by Fliegender »

I don’t see why the possibility of life on Mars should challenge anyone’s faith. There was a guy here a while ago (Silvertusk...Silverback...I don’t remember his name but it was something like that) whose faith was challenged because of the multiverse theory. That struck me as trivial. God being omnipotent, if he wants to stick a fossilized amoeba on Mars to challenge anyone’s faith, so be it.

I’m sure atheists would looooooove a fossilized Martian amoeba because they would see it as a nail in God’s coffin.
"I never said that all conservatives are stupid people but it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
-John Stuart Mill
samlar
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by samlar »

Remember this rock formation on Mars? OK, so it's only an unusually shaped rock and pareidolia. But now that we've just landed a robotic search for signs of life - or at least, for ancient, life - I'm wondering how many of you think there is NO way life could have been anywhere but on earth. And if unmistakable proof of ancient or recent life on mars were discovered on Mars - or any other planet, how would you see such a discovery in light of Biblical theology? Does the possibility disturb you? What?

Here's some pretty cool video of the Martian landscape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEyAs3NWH4A
I do not this life on Mars is possible due to the fact that the environment on the planet is awful and I do not alive that anything could have survived there
Challenger007
Familiar Member

Post by Challenger007 »

I am more worried about the fact that if some bacteria are found on Mars, then how would these bacteria not cause another epidemic. That's what's scary. Although, to put it bluntly and quite cynically, then natural selection will not interfere with humanity. The planet is overpopulated and the population is increasing.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

Silvertusk was a mod...

But mods are never remembered here..like that Aussie one...what was his name? y:-?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:22 pm Silvertusk was a mod...

But mods are never remembered here..like that Aussie one...what was his name? y:-?
I don’t remember...
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony