So whatever happened to the Ark?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

So whatever happened to the Ark?

Post by Philip »

Not the ark supposedly filled with dino doo, LOL, but the Ark of the Covenant. WHERE might it be - could it yet exist? Who might have hidden it? And would anyone touching it - like the two that stumbled in Scripture who were killed - would they be harmed? Guess Spielberg thought so when he looked over the script for the Lost Ark movie.

Anyway, came across this interesting article on GotQuestions.org about it:

https://www.gotquestions.org/ark-covenant.html

As for the other famous Ark, Norman Geisler seems to believe, at least part of it, has been found.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: So whatever happened to the Ark?

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Philip wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:55 am Not the ark supposedly filled with dino doo, LOL, but the Ark of the Covenant. WHERE might it be - could it yet exist? Who might have hidden it? And would anyone touching it - like the two that stumbled in Scripture who were killed - would they be harmed? Guess Spielberg thought so when he looked over the script for the Lost Ark movie.

Anyway, came across this interesting article on GotQuestions.org about it:

https://www.gotquestions.org/ark-covenant.html

As for the other famous Ark, Norman Geisler seems to believe, at least part of it, has been found.
The Ethiopians claim they have it. For all we know, it is there in some Falasha synagogue.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Ken Ham stole the blueprint from the Noah Foundation, and rebuilt it according to his own imagination.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

The ark boat woulda probably rotted away by now-besides, if one takes the story to be literal or semi literal or whatever, when did it happen? Too many differing answers on this, even by godly people, which only means the exact date isn't important like some think. I would say the latest it coulda happened was 10,000 years ago since* Jericho was built about 2000 years after and the Neolithic Revolution was in full swing at that point.

*really need to proofread more, i put was there
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Back to the Ark of the Covenant. If it were stored in a fairly secure storage in a very arid environment, it could have survived. Read through the link I put in the first post - it's possible. If found, would it be safe to touch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ZpsbGr7s8
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nephilim took it.

:swhat: :ssorry: :shijacked:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony