Shipping

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Nicki
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Shipping

Post by Nicki »

No, I don't mean sending things by mail - I mean being interested in the relationship between two (usually TV) characters - or real people - and wanting them to get together romantically. I'm a shipper at heart (have been since well before I ever heard the term!) but I've been wondering lately if I should be enthusiastic about a probably immoral relationship. What's shown is not necessarily explicit, but things seem to have changed a bit since I was shipping Lois and Clark in The New Adventures of Superman.

I know most of you men probably have no idea what I'm talking about :roll:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Shipping

Post by RickD »

Jon Snow hooking up with his auntie?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:37 am Jon Snow hooking up with his auntie?
:lol: Is that Game of Thrones? I haven't watched that one. I try to go for non-incestuous relationships...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nicki wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:19 pm
:lol: Is that Game of Thrones? I haven't watched that one. I try to go for non-incestuous relationships...
Non incestuous? Then you wouldn't like GoT.

GoT has violence, rape, murder, incest, a foul-mouthed dwarf, gay sex, and cool dragons. What's not to like about it?

#JonlovesDaenerys
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:08 pm
Nicki wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:19 pm
Non incestuous? Then you wouldn't like GoT.

GoT has violence, rape, murder, incest, a foul-mouthed dwarf, gay sex, and cool dragons. What's not to like about it?

#JonlovesDaenerys
y:O2 y:O2 y:O2
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I've got a new ship :ebiggrin: I could go into more details but the good news is they're just friends (and work partners), so it's a 'friend'ship. What's the appeal then? you might say, but they're just lovely together - have been for decades and it's only got better. It's doing my old (well, actually, they're about 20 years older than me) heart good to catch up on their sweet relationship y>:D< Sorry, it's nice to gush as well.
thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Nicki wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:35 pm No, I don't mean sending things by mail - I mean being interested in the relationship between two (usually TV) characters - or real people - and wanting them to get together romantically. I'm a shipper at heart (have been since well before I ever heard the term!) but I've been wondering lately if I should be enthusiastic about a probably immoral relationship. What's shown is not necessarily explicit, but things seem to have changed a bit since I was shipping Lois and Clark in The New Adventures of Superman.

Oh I know full well about shipping.
And fan fiction.
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:30 pm
Nicki wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:35 pm No, I don't mean sending things by mail - I mean being interested in the relationship between two (usually TV) characters - or real people - and wanting them to get together romantically. I'm a shipper at heart (have been since well before I ever heard the term!) but I've been wondering lately if I should be enthusiastic about a probably immoral relationship. What's shown is not necessarily explicit, but things seem to have changed a bit since I was shipping Lois and Clark in The New Adventures of Superman.

And fan fiction.
Ah - care to share which ones?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Here's a song about shipping. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/x-64CaD8GXw

-Edward R Murrow

thatkidakayoungguy
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by thatkidakayoungguy »

Nicki wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:39 am
thatkidakayoungguy wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:30 pm

And fan fiction.
Ah - care to share which ones?
Nah