Episcopal Church Debate

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Episcopal Church Debate

Post by Philip »

Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Episcopal Church Debate

Post by Stu »

So sad to see Churches going down these paths.

Also this:
Besides adding gender-neutral language concerning God, some advocates also want other revisions including, a Christian's duty to the Earth's conservation, adding same-sex marriage ceremonies to the liturgy, (since the church has been performing homosexual weddings for years) and even adding a ceremony to celebrate a transgender person's adoption of a new name.
As the article states, Jesus taught us to pray the Lords prayer with: "Father who art in heaven".
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

OK, so there are TWO extremes of not understanding God as per genders:

God is clearly described in clearly masculine terms across Scripture - and many are uncomfortable with this. And ALL of God's major judges, kings, prophets and apostles have been men. So, in the minds of many, God is this macho Deity, right? Uh, no, as that's the other extreme and wrong way to think of God - that He is all masculine.

In Genesis 5, we're told, "When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. 2 Male and female He created them, and He blessed them and named them Man when they were created." Notice that both male AND female were created in the likeness of God. Women, also have poured into them characteristics of God's Image - as God is also tender, nourishing, encouraging, gentle, patient - He has many qualities that we more typically associate with the gender of women. So, God poured parts of His attributes across both genders - He has sensibilities and characteristics associated with BOTH genders - so, God is not this one-dimensional, macho Deity - that's a gross misunderstanding of Who He is. But when He created men and women, He gifted them to physically, emotionally and mentally prepare them for roles that would have both similarities but also bring important differences to the roles He desired for them. And while there are most certainly key tendencies that are apparent more in one gender than the other, notice also that there are a range of Godly qualities distributed to across individual men and women.

And yet, WE didn't inspire the writer of Scripture to write what they did about God. HE did! So, it's not up to us to monkey around with how God has described HIMself across HIS word. But so many churches think they have the right to change Scripture to fit modern sensibilities - as if they need to "get with the times" - and think "we need to eradicate these antiquated wordings," so as to make God and Scripture seem more warm, fuzzy and politically, sexually correct and less judgmental. And next thing you know, churches dilute God's word so as to be meaningless - or to mean anything they want it to. God is not a man and He's not a woman. But He did use masculine descriptions of Himself - we don't have the authority change this - nor should we.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip the chauvinist wrote:
God is not a man and He's not a woman.
That's blasphemy!

God is a black woman.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Are Anglicans still Christian? :esurprised:
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:30 pm Are Anglicans still Christian? :esurprised:
Only if they're pommies.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony