WHAT Jesus is - and WHEN did you know it?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: WHAT Jesus is - and WHEN did you know it?

Post by Philip »

Mallz: The problem would be how would one ever know where they stand, then?
But that's not what Scripture teaches! It says we can KNOW we are saved if we have done what He promised HE would do IF we have desired and have invited Him into our lives through faith!

Jesus says, "I stand at the door and knock. If ANYONE hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."

So, the confirming answer as to how we can know has to do with God's promise to all who do that. And so we can know if we believe what Jesus and God's word tell us about that.

1 John 5:11-12: "11 And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life."

So many try to gauge whether or not they are saved via their highly unreliable FEELINGS - so one day they feel good about their salvation, another day they doubt it. But that's not the basis of knowing - as knowing is based upon how God says we can KNOW we are saved - and it has to do with His promises and reliability.

And can anything separate us from the God who chose to woo and save us? Does He make mistakes? Does He not foreknow of HIS faithfulness to never leave us? Can He not already see us in eternity with Him?

John 10:27-29: "27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand."

Those who respond are those whose heart and mind are willing to listen to, will respond, and won't permanently resist God's voice as He woos us. God's call is effective upon the willing heart, and not upon the resistant, UNWILLING one. We must be willing and open to God - and His call is effective upon all such persons - He does the rest, from wooing to bring us to salvation. But merely being willing and open does not save us - it is GOD who saves us, through Jesus and the Cross. He does not force Himself upon anyone! He created us as creatures in His Image - those of free will.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

so, more of the hyper-grace position?
mrtzur2015
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by mrtzur2015 »

If you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth you will be saved
Believe that Jesus came to take your sin, died and rose again believe it in your heart, speak it JESUS IS LORD
you are now saved, AMEN.
mrtzur2015
Recognized Member

Post by mrtzur2015 »

Philip wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:14 am
Mallz: The problem would be how would one ever know where they stand, then?
But that's not what Scripture teaches! It says we can KNOW we are saved if we have done what He promised HE would do IF we have desired and have invited Him into our lives through faith!

Jesus says, "I stand at the door and knock. If ANYONE hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me."

So, the confirming answer as to how we can know has to do with God's promise to all who do that. And so we can know if we believe what Jesus and God's word tell us about that.

1 John 5:11-12: "11 And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life."

So many try to gauge whether or not they are saved via their highly unreliable FEELINGS - so one day they feel good about their salvation, another day they doubt it. But that's not the basis of knowing - as knowing is based upon how God says we can KNOW we are saved - and it has to do with His promises and reliability.

And can anything separate us from the God who chose to woo and save us? Does He make mistakes? Does He not foreknow of HIS faithfulness to never leave us? Can He not already see us in eternity with Him?

John 10:27-29: "27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand."

Those who respond are those whose heart and mind are willing to listen to, will respond, and won't permanently resist God's voice as He woos us. God's call is effective upon the willing heart, and not upon the resistant, UNWILLING one. We must be willing and open to God - and His call is effective upon all such persons - He does the rest, from wooing to bring us to salvation. But merely being willing and open does not save us - it is GOD who saves us, through Jesus and the Cross. He does not force Himself upon anyone! He created us as creatures in His Image - those of free will.

Sorry for double but i had to say i totally agree, the bible is very clear about this
some people might bring scriptures like Those who endure to the end will be saved but then again who gives us the strength to endure to the end? without the Holy Spirit and Gods grace no one would ever be able to endure to the end.
Jesus himself warned about the last days are gonna be unbearable and because of Gods grace they have been shortened.

The bible is very clear about this, when you accept God into your life God will direct your path (i believe even before that its just that people are ignorant and wont notice this)

Psalm 37:23 King James Version (KJV)
23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.

Philippians 1:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:
Last edited by mrtzur2015 on Tue May 01, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

mrtzur2015 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:02 am If you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth you will be saved
Believe that Jesus came to take your sin, died and rose again believe it in your heart, speak it JESUS IS LORD
you are now saved, AMEN.
Says the non-christian y:-?
mrtzur2015
Recognized Member

Post by mrtzur2015 »

Mallz wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:10 am
mrtzur2015 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:02 am If you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth you will be saved
you are now saved, AMEN.
Says the non-christian y:-?
Im messianic jew and your point is?
and who are you to judge me anyway?
Christianity is a religion God is not a religion. sorry if i dont play the religion game.
regardless though, i have invited him and I am saved through my faith and his promises. (aka helmet of salvation)
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Woah, woah.. I was just pointing out some fun irony!
No attack!

I like how you speak. I'm curious, though. What is your faith in and what promises do you believe? Love the helmet of slavation reference. Always wanted to meet a Messianic Jew. But how does that make you not christian? Besides not liking the label?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Mallz wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:26 am Woah, woah.. I was just pointing out some fun irony!
No attack!

I like how you speak. I'm curious, though. What is your faith in and what promises do you believe? Love the helmet of slavation reference. Always wanted to meet a Messianic Jew. But how does that make you not christian? Besides not liking the label?
I think he just didn't put "yes" next to Christian in his profile.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Being a Jew is a genetic heritage, a nationality - like being Irish or whatever. There are plenty of atheist Jews. Being a Christian overrides all genetics, nationality, and cultural self-identification. It's merely being a committed follower of Christ. Sounds like he is a Messianic Jew?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

philip wrote:
Sounds like he is a Messianic Jew?
Great detective skills, Sherlock! I wonder how you figured that out!

Oh wait...
mrtzur2015 wrote:
Im messianic jew and your point is?
:pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
mrtzur2015
Recognized Member

Post by mrtzur2015 »

Mallz wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:26 am Woah, woah.. I was just pointing out some fun irony!
No attack!

I just didn't put Yes next to christian in my profile.. its fixed now.
you call called me a christian i guess if it would mean knowing my savior and following him i just know where i came from, my blood line etc etc (not saying that i am more important, just saying i know God has made me this way and denying it would be contempt to him)

the way i see it is that everything was turned into a religion, sadly even Christianity. i dont like belonging i just like truth and i follow my savior wherever he takes me.

also you always wanted to meet a messianic jew i guess God has heard you :) welcome to PM me.

I think Phillip has summarized it very well.
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Right on ^_^
Yeah, that's what I mean by Christian. I think it's time we took the name back! Doesn't have the same meaning as it did two millennia ago :(