Alice Digs Jesus?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Alice Digs Jesus?

Post by Nessa »

y:-? hmm might be a good thread
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male

Post by Stu »

Nessa wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:31 am
Stu wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:21 am
Nessa wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:11 pm
Stu wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:59 am
abelcainsbrother wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:49 pm You probably did'nt know this but Alice Cooper and the country singer Glen Campbell(Rhinestone Cowboy,Galvastan,etc) but they were good friends and played golf together and they both are Christians of course Glen got hooked on drugs for a long time but I think Alice was a positive influence.Also even when on drugs Glen Campbell still considered himself a Christian and he eventually got clean.Also Alice Cooper is known to have been a positive influence on rockers who got hooked on drugs,etc like Megadeth's Dave Mustaine.It was Alice Cooper's influence on him that helped him get in rehab and off drugs and he is now a Christian also.

Yeah was also going to mention Dave Mustaine. Megadeth just happens to be my favourite band so that was extra cool for me, oh and the bass player Dave Ellefson is also a Christian now.

Mustaine became a Christian after a long period of doing drugs and alcohol. After trying everything possible he said it was his relationship with Christ that helped him get clean.

The amazing thing is that even after being an alcoholic, today he is able to have a social drink and not go overboard. This is no doubt testimony to the power of God and what He is able to do.

For those interested, you can read his story in his book titled Mustaine here:
Not all drinking problems are the same. I knew a non christian who had a problem and now they can still drink.

My dad got drunk at weekends but ok during the week. Functioning alcoholic.

So I dont think its a 'God gets the glory' moment cos you can still drink moderately. Once the root cause is taken away, alcohol can be no longer a problem for some
Not sure you can make that call.
Dave said he had tried everything else, and it was only once he had a relationship with God was he able to stop and then drink moderately. Many of his friends even said that he will never be able to have a social drink again, it's an all or nothing scenario. Well they were wrong.
Well, didnt you just make a call yourself?

I should of said I dont necessarily think its a 'God gets the glory' moment tho it could be.
No, Dave wrote it in his book :)
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Alice Cooper reflects on the talent of his close friend Glen Campbell.
https://youtu.be/Xn3EWcticBo

Glen Campbell was an awesome guitar player and showman.
Southern Nights.
https://youtu.be/Mr5V3m6JMwY
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

In this video, just posted, Alice Cooper explains how he came to Christ - and surprisingly, it was first out of fear of God and hell. Forward the video to the 13:20 mark, where he begins to describe his journey to Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_GW7JL0-0k
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Just watched a little of an interview with Greg Laurie and Alice. Apparently Alice has a ministry where kids come and learn to play instruments.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.