Our relationship with God

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
patrick
Established Member
Christian: Yes

Our relationship with God

Post by patrick »

So I came up with this topic while reading the book of Hebrew. AFAICT Hebrews was written a reminder to honor the sacrifice of Jesus, because there were problems arising with people's faith in Christianity during the 1st century. It mentions several times Jesus serving as the high priest of high priests, who created the perfect covenant, and who we are asked to draw near into a new relationship with God.

Most of what I came away with though is about man's relationship with sin, which to be honest wasn't really what I was hoping to get out of it. I do find the issue of the New Covenant important and interesting, but I was expecting to read more about man's relationship with God in a more personal sense. So I thought it'd be interesting to open a discussion of this connection in more general terms.

I guess now that I've written this all out, the topic of prayer comes to mind, so that might be a good place for us to start.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Our relationship with God

Post by Storyteller »

I pray all the time, or at least chat away with God pretty much all the time. the more I talk to him, the more I get back in return.
I am building my relationship, everyday, with God through chatting tohim, praying and reading.
I never expected the sheer joy of getting to know Him, personally.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Our relationship with God

Post by abelcainsbrother »

A Source With No Name
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5zJqypszBA

The book of Hebrews is one of my favorite books of the bible along with Galatians.

I just believe it is important to pray regularly and to make time for God.We are as close to God as we choose to be.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.