Kirk Cameron: Advice not for the Masses

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Kirk Cameron: Advice not for the Masses

Post by Philip »

In this article, it reports on a discussion Kirk aimed a the readers of a Christian publication. But, as so often, those without a Scriptural understanding of God's principles and instructions will twist it to assert him to be a chauvinist or a misogynist, etc.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... ntcmp=hpff
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Re: Kirk Cameron: Advice not for the Masses

Post by RickD »

"Hey Chelsea."

"Yes Kirk."

"Be a Dear and make me a sammich."

"Yes, Milord."
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick:
"Hey Chelsea."

"Yes Kirk."

"Yes, Milord."
Rick, how has she not killed you yet? That's probably a bigger mystery than "how long were the Days of Creation?"
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
Rick:
"Hey Chelsea."

"Yes Kirk."

"Yes, Milord."
Rick, how has she not killed you yet? That's probably a bigger mystery than "how long were the Days of Creation?"
You think I talk to my wife like that?!?!?

She'd kill me!!!

My wife is 6ft 2, 225 lbs. She bench presses 245 lbs, and squats 400.

Here's our wedding picture. This was before she got into powerlifting:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

SoCalExile
Valued Member

Post by SoCalExile »

He should get the Gospel right first.
God's grace is not cheap; it's free.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

SoCalExile wrote:He should get the Gospel right first.
Has he been hanging around Ray Comfort and his false gospel?

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Yes, what does SCAL mean? I don't follow Kirk - just happened upon this article.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

BTW, beautiful bride, Rick. But man, how many sandwiches of yours is she eating (apparently, most of them)? :lol:
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Post by SoCalExile »

RickD wrote:
SoCalExile wrote:He should get the Gospel right first.
Has he been hanging around Ray Comfort and his false gospel?
Yeah Ray has been milking his "star power" for years now.
God's grace is not cheap; it's free.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:BTW, beautiful bride, Rick. But man, how many sandwiches of yours is she eating (apparently, most of them)? :lol:
When she makes sammiches, it's one for me and five for her. I don't tell her she's fat. I say she's husky.

-Edward R Murrow

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

What has Ray did that is so bad? I always prefered him over the other YEC's because he simply talks about the need for Jesus and salvation mostly. He'll go out an interview people and ask them about their sin, and what God would say to them about it? and explain how it can be forgiven.Out of all of the popular YEC's I liked Ray the best over the others.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

abelcainsbrother wrote:What has Ray did that is so bad? I always prefered him over the other YEC's because he simply talks about the need for Jesus and salvation mostly. He'll go out an interview people and ask them about their sin, and what God would say to them about it? and explain how it can be forgiven.Out of all of the popular YEC's I liked Ray the best over the others.
I have respect for Ray - he is a kiwi after all ;)

But I also think atheists should be able to eat their bananas in peace :P
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Nessa wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:What has Ray did that is so bad? I always prefered him over the other YEC's because he simply talks about the need for Jesus and salvation mostly. He'll go out an interview people and ask them about their sin, and what God would say to them about it? and explain how it can be forgiven.Out of all of the popular YEC's I liked Ray the best over the others.

Yeah,but atheists started it and he was just defending the faith the best he could.I just liked how he mostly talked about sin,Jesus and salvation.He really did'nt get into YEC much,other than trying to defend Noah's flood and he rejected evolution but he mostly just tried to get people to turn to Christ.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Nessa wrote:

Yeah,but atheists started it and he was just defending the faith the best he could.I just liked how he mostly talked about sin,Jesus and salvation.He really did'nt get into YEC much,other than trying to defend Noah's flood and he rejected evolution but he mostly just tried to get people to turn to Christ.
I think with his theory that the banana is the atheist's worst nightmare, it really is on Ray tho.

But by all means, if the banana makes an atheist think about the possibility that there is a designer who could be God, then thats great.

However, I do think he has a way of over simplifying certain things in a way that an intelligent atheist might reject.

Tho as I say, I do respect the guy as well as kirk.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Nessa wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Nessa wrote:

I think with his theory that the banana is the atheist's worst nightmare, it really is on Ray tho.

But by all means, if the banana makes an atheist think about the possibility that there is a designer who could be God, then thats great.

However, I do think he has a way of over simplifying certain things in a way that an intelligent atheist might reject.

Tho as I say, I do respect the guy as well as kirk.
I kinda agree but those atheists he was dealing with would mock regardless if it made sense or not.I do think the banana thing was weak though.However I liked it when he interviewed Thunderfoot and he actually went on to The Atheist Experience show.