Kirk Cameron: Advice not for the Masses

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Kirk Cameron: Advice not for the Masses

Post by crochet1949 »

No one is perfect this side of heaven. But God has given us His Book of guidelines / thou shalts , etc. Sin isn't okay. But when we realize we Have done something, we Can 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." It's not so much 'turning From sin', as it is turning To God.
The Holy Spirit convicts a non-believer, which includes Every person ever born, of their sinfulness. Maybe giving us a guilty conscience for something we Have done or simply the Holy Spirit convicts us / makes us aware of our sinful condition from God's perspective. Then it's Our place to respond To that convicting. We accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. Then the Holy Spirit comes to indwell us. He will give us better understanding of God's Word as we read it. We read His guidelines and apply those that fit our life , make adjustments and simply keep on living. Maybe we'll do the thing again , so we ask for forgiveness and ask for help to resist that particular temptation again. But satan won't give up on us, either. He wants believers to be an ineffective as possible. So he will give us something Else to mess with us.
The Holy Spirit will let us know what is okay and what isn't. One of my thoughts has been "when in doubt, don't do it". And there will Always be people who will question our good intentions. Just smile and wish them a good day.
And there have been and will Be tele-evangelists who want to sell their books, etc. support their ministries. They will answer to God just as 'we' will.
We Do need to help support the local church that we choose to attend. And we Should be associating with other believers on a regular, frequent basis. Find a church that teaches God's Word As Being God's Word. Not easy to find these days. Depending on where a person lives.
Do be in your own Bible -- find out what God' has to say to You.
So - do the obvious Good things. A clean house / be a Good neighbor. Talk to God. Smile. Use Good, friendly language.
SoCalExile
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Kirk Cameron: Advice not for the Masses

Post by SoCalExile »

You didn't answer any of my questions.

BTW the Holy Spirit wrote my Bible, so when I read things in it that contradict Kirk Cameron and his benefactor, I know who to trust.
God's grace is not cheap; it's free.