Lucid Dreaming

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Re: Lucid Dreaming

Post by IceMobster »

Hortator wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Hortator wrote:My dreams have been terrifying me lately. It's sad. Sleep was one of the only things I looked forward to. :sleep:
Why so? How so? Describe some. :twisted:
Some chap sliced off my pointer-finger, and I didn't even react. But I was pretty nervous when I was in trouble with the law 2 nights ago, but they're all real hazy. For most I don't remember what happened, but I remembered how I felt.
Meh, until you are hunted by zombie shift leaders in a bakery, it isn't that bad. :lol:
Jk, lol, it was a pretty fun dream, though. I get to hit a zombie in the head with a massive plate for 30 hits straight. That is when he stopped resisting. :mrgreen:
Too bad I didn't "know" Rick by then. Otherwise it would be a zombie Rick, probably. I mean, who wouldn't want to hit Rick for 30 times on the head with a big plate? :boxing:

Interestingly, just last night I dreamed about some guy slicing my hands and me not reacting either. I ran to some reception and inhaled air through a tube of an air tank divers carry. I had to keep doing that every now and then since I was a supervisor in some company and the guy that was slicing me was the man from whom I stole the job, lol. Then, I felt like [poop] and was like yeah sorry bro here take your job back but he still wanted to slice me. Wasn't pleasant. :mrgreen:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Hortator wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Hortator wrote:My dreams have been terrifying me lately. It's sad. Sleep was one of the only things I looked forward to. :sleep:
Why so? How so? Describe some. :twisted:
Some chap sliced off my pointer-finger, and I didn't even react. But I was pretty nervous when I was in trouble with the law 2 nights ago, but they're all real hazy. For most I don't remember what happened, but I remembered how I felt.
Last night's was the worst yet. I dreamt a spider was talking to me inside my head, and it freaked me out so much I woke up. Also everything was in a purplish-violet hue. The spider sounded like an older man, though not the same one I lost a finger to.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

You guys don't need mind-altering drugs; it would merely be redundant! :lol:
Nicki
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nicki »

I read a book about dreams a few years ago which talked about how to get yourself to have lucid dreams. I decided to give it a go and ended up having one dream where I seemed to realise I was dreaming; to take advantage of this though I started being a bit, let's say, naughty, with an, ah, male person... I woke up feeling a bit disgusted with myself and didn't really try that again. I think I've spontaneously had one or two lucid dreams over the years though.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Nicki wrote:I read a book about dreams a few years ago which talked about how to get yourself to have lucid dreams. I decided to give it a go and ended up having one dream where I seemed to realise I was dreaming; to take advantage of this though I started being a bit, let's say, naughty, with an, ah, male person... I woke up feeling a bit disgusted with myself and didn't really try that again. I think I've spontaneously had one or two lucid dreams over the years though.
Heh. Name of the book?
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

Nicki
Sex: Female

Post by Nicki »

IceMobster wrote:
Nicki wrote:I read a book about dreams a few years ago which talked about how to get yourself to have lucid dreams. I decided to give it a go and ended up having one dream where I seemed to realise I was dreaming; to take advantage of this though I started being a bit, let's say, naughty, with an, ah, male person... I woke up feeling a bit disgusted with myself and didn't really try that again. I think I've spontaneously had one or two lucid dreams over the years though.
Heh. Name of the book?
I've still got one in my bookcase called 'The Hidden Door' - it might have been that one. The method basically involved relaxing before sleep and telling yourself you're going to realise when you're dreaming - getting yourself into that frame of mind.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

IceMobster wrote:
Heh. Name of the book?
Why? y:-?
Are you wanting to learn how to make yourself have naughty dreams too? :P
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Heh. Name of the book?
Nah, not my primary objective.
The thing is, I've had it only once after a sleep paralysis. I'd want to get it again, that's all. Was pretty fun the one time I've had it.
And no, not your way of fun, haha. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

IceMobster wrote:
Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Heh. Name of the book?
The thing is, I've had it only once after a sleep paralysis. I'd want to get it again, that's all. Was pretty fun the one time I've had it.
My way of fun is being wide awake... with my husband ;) :P

I have had 'naughty' dreams and honestly don't find them much fun at all. I have no control over them but if I did, I would stop them in a heartbeat. The strange thing is my view on what sin is can change in a dream which I find both interesting and very odd.

You get sleep paralysis also? That can be bad, especially when you feel like you can't make yourself breathe :shock: Night terrors aren't much fun either :econfused:
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Heh. Name of the book?

I have had 'naughty' dreams and honestly don't find them much fun at all. I have no control over them but if I did, I would stop them in a heartbeat. The strange thing is my view on what sin is can change in a dream which I find both interesting and very odd.

You get sleep paralysis also? That can be bad, especially when you feel like you can't make yourself breathe :shock: Night terrors aren't much fun either :econfused:
What? Can you elaborate this?

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

:mrgreen: My wife gets night terrors. It happens when she wakes up, and has to look at my ugly mug. She gets terrified!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

And, speaking of wet dreams:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zGceb4If8PY
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

IceMobster wrote:
Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote: Heh. Name of the book?

Didnt actually think this through did I, cos now I have to explain :lol:

I'm referring to one specific dream awhile back. I was kissing an aquaintance (barely know the person and have no feelings for them whatsoever, havent even seen them for several years or think of them even)

I kept thinking that I was glad we werent having sex cos that would be horribly wrong. But hello! Kissing someone other than your spouse isnt when you're married?!

Like it didnt occur to me what I was doing was wrong I dont think cos I kept doing it and didnt feel bad. I never thought 'hey, kissing this person is wrong when Im married' in the dream.

Theres no way I would not be horrified in a woken state if I found myself kissing someone other than my spouse or think as long as we dont have sex it's all good.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Nessa wrote: Why? y:-?

I'm referring to one specific dream awhile back. I was kissing an aquaintance (barely know the person and have no feelings for them whatsoever, havent even seen them for several years or think of them even)

I kept thinking that I was glad we werent having sex cos that would be horribly wrong. But hello! Kissing someone other than your spouse isnt when you're married?!

Like it didnt occur to me what I was doing was wrong I dont think cos I kept doing it and didnt feel bad. I never thought 'hey, kissing this person is wrong when Im married' in the dream.

Theres no way I would not be horrified in a woken state if I found myself kissing someone other than my spouse or think as long as we dont have sex it's all good.
Is saying "them" instead of "him", a way to cover up that this person in your dream was of the female persuasion?

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote: Nah, not my primary objective.

Is saying "them" instead of "him", a way to cover up that this person in your dream was of the female persuasion?
I noticed I did that to :lol:
Im not saying anymore, Ive already said enough :censored:
Let me just make it clear it was not a Lucid dream tho!