Lucid Dreaming

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Lucid Dreaming

Post by RickD »

nessa wrote:

I noticed I did that to :lol:
Im not saying anymore, Ive already said enough :censored:
Let me just make it clear it was not a Lucid dream tho!
:dig:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Post by IceMobster »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Nessa wrote:
IceMobster wrote:
Nessa wrote:
My way of fun is being wide awake... with my husband ;) :P

I have had 'naughty' dreams and honestly don't find them much fun at all. I have no control over them but if I did, I would stop them in a heartbeat. The strange thing is my view on what sin is can change in a dream which I find both interesting and very odd.

You get sleep paralysis also? That can be bad, especially when you feel like you can't make yourself breathe :shock: Night terrors aren't much fun either :econfused:
What? Can you elaborate this?
Didnt actually think this through did I, cos now I have to explain :lol:

I'm referring to one specific dream awhile back. I was kissing an aquaintance (barely know the person and have no feelings for them whatsoever, havent even seen them for several years or think of them even)

I kept thinking that I was glad we werent having sex cos that would be horribly wrong. But hello! Kissing someone other than your spouse isnt when you're married?!

Like it didnt occur to me what I was doing was wrong I dont think cos I kept doing it and didnt feel bad. I never thought 'hey, kissing this person is wrong when Im married' in the dream.

Theres no way I would not be horrified in a woken state if I found myself kissing someone other than my spouse or think as long as we dont have sex it's all good.
Is saying "them" instead of "him", a way to cover up that this person in your dream was of the female persuasion?
I noticed I did that to :lol:
Im not saying anymore, Ive already said enough :censored:
Let me just make it clear it was not a Lucid dream tho!
LOL! :mrgreen:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Post by B. W. »

In College Days, Social Work, one class required to take was called - Lucid Dreaming.

In it was the theory that one can control the outcomes of bad dreams for purely psychological therapeutic reasons. The idea was that people who have suffered in life, abuse, etc, have negative dreams so if they learn to control the outcome of bad dreams into a good outcome, they could as well overcome in real life and achieve a good life.

So the question comes down to this, can people control their dreams. The answer is Yes to a degree and No they cannot. As often happens a nightmare actually will slip in and all bets are off. As for therapeutic value of this, there maybe some but real life is not a dream... as real life is so uncertain...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys