Feeling Blessed

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Feeling Blessed

Post by melanie »

Life kinda is what you make it.
Taking the massive lows with the highs.
I have come to a place where I am so grateful for being alive.
Waking every morning and smelling the sea breeze.
The crazy morning ritual of getting 4 kids ready for school.
The chaos and the silence. I treasure it all.
Being grateful for every sunset and sunrise and knowing how blessed I am to be able to enjoy it, without fear, with the knowledge that my family is safe.
Every breath of freedom comes with a cost.
On the back of those who came before me and with the knowledge that so many, too many do not have the security that I have.
It makes me grateful and incredibly humble.
It inspires me to not wrap myself inside the blessings that is my life.
Good health, education, freedom, safety, and financial security.
But to reflect on those that just don't have what I take for granted everyday.
What I take from that.....
Is I feel blessed
Everyday when I wake to cereal and chit chat others wake to hunger.
To despair
To loneliness, uncertainty, and hopelessness.
It never escapes me just how blessed I am.
For that I am grateful beyond words....
but I won't forget those that suffer
Those whose lives in every aspect comes at a cost that I can not comprehend.
I won't try and make justification because as far as I see it it just ain't fair.
All I can do is be grateful for what I have and earnestly pray an hope that by the Glory of God justice and balance is delivered to all.
Faith is what gives me insurmountable optimism even though I may not understand His plan. He knows the struggles of every child and He loves them more so than I could ever comprehend.
So with that I place in God my trust that by His all will be accomplished according to His plan.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Feeling Blessed

Post by B. W. »

Amen, Melanie!

Just returned from holding meetings at Cheyenne River Rez in South Dakota and feel thankful myself...

Blessings to you!
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

So True, Melanie. Really, given the comparison with people in this world who REALLY suffer, we should be embarrassed the next time we catch ourselves sweating the small stuff, AS IF such things were truly the big deal we so often act like they are. Not knowing where the next meal will come from, constant fear and uncertainty, life and death health issues, being homeless, etc. - few of us have actually been in such situations. y>:D< y[-o< :amen:
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Awesome post and so true Melanie! I know I am blessed despite the normal storms of life that come our way,they shape us and mold us,make us strong.I'm going to be even stronger in faith when I get through this storm and this is nothing compared to storms other people are going through.I have made up in my mind that the more Satan attacks me the more I'm going to do my best to expose his lies and whether its my fault or the Devil's fault I'm going to prevail.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.