To congregate or not... Rick'Dee's

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: To congregate or not... Rick'Dee's

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

1over137 wrote: :shakehand: :boxfight: :fighting: :bowing:
Nice...I will create situations where I'll need them.

FL :bowing:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:FORGET CHURCH

Go to a Messianic synagogue with your new Shelby! Think of the rumble the engine will make when you pull into the parking lot filled with VWs and Camrys and other sissymobiles!

FL :driving:
Shelby is my girlfriend. I couldn't very well take her and my wife! That would be awkward!
A perfect example of what happens when Christians fall away from church!
They start thinking objektophilia is alright. y[-o<
What?
K,

I think I know you well enough to know you're joking about falling away from church. You are joking, right?
:lol: yeah, I'm joking. You likely never really went to a church in the first place so how could you fall away?

Sorry. Just can't help myself sometimes. y>:D<
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
SeekingSanctuary
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by SeekingSanctuary »

Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:
RickD wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:FORGET CHURCH

Go to a Messianic synagogue with your new Shelby! Think of the rumble the engine will make when you pull into the parking lot filled with VWs and Camrys and other sissymobiles!

FL :driving:
Shelby is my girlfriend. I couldn't very well take her and my wife! That would be awkward!
A perfect example of what happens when Christians fall away from church!
They start thinking objektophilia is alright. y[-o<
What?
K,

I think I know you well enough to know you're joking about falling away from church. You are joking, right?
:lol: yeah, I'm joking. You likely never really went to a church in the first place so how could you fall away?

Sorry. Just can't help myself sometimes. y>:D<
Its funny, I always thought he went once and never left. Just lives upstairs talking to statues and ringing the bell. :)

I guess if I'm going to post I should say something on topic. Let's see....

I go most sundays but I feel like its more out of habit than religiously lately. I can't help but think not going might be better then going in the wrong way.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Actually, I just thought of one good reason to perhaps be motivated to attend a church.

We are representatives of God and as such are to set an example to those around us.
Not going to church can be a stumbling block for some, incur criticisms from non-Christians.
Muslims for example, might find it hard to fathom how Christians can be so "free" with their conduct.

Yes, we are not to be under the yoke, and we are free in Christ. That will remain a stumbling block for many who just don't understand.
And we should not act out of what others think. But, if what I do is a stumbling block to another then that should make me pause.

Those who do not see church are necessary or something the like should understand how this is perceived by others.
Not attending a church will be seen by many -- Christian and non-Christian alike -- as just following a religion or form of Christianity of our own making.
Our not fitting in also projects an image that we think many in a church are wrong. So how can a non-Christian possibly work out what is right and wrong?

Others will simply just see not attending a church as meaning one is not loving God. I.e., my good 'ol mother in law who is Catholic.
She knows I have strong Christian beliefs, but she also doesn't understand how one can't go to church because that is where she feels God.

Now I'm not saying that this must change someone's mind who isn't attending a church.
But as a Christian we should always be reflective upon our conduct and whether we are being good representatives of Christ.
Out of love for Christ and others, not obligation.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

Kurieuo wrote:We are representatives of God and as such are to set an example to those around us.
This reminds me of a story I once heard. An old woman who was very hard of hearing attended church regularly even though her hearing was so bad she couldn't understand what the pastor was saying when he delivered his sermon. When a friend asked he why she bothered going if she couldn't hear the sermon, she replied, "I go to church so everyone will know whose side I'm on."
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.