URGENT!! My Growing anxiety and depression

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
YoungApolegist
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

URGENT!! My Growing anxiety and depression

Post by YoungApolegist »

I have never felt like this before. Before I discuss my problems, I think I need to detail the road to my insecurities. I was born in 1998 in Chicago, Illinois. At this time my parents were married for 4 years. I was raised in a non-denominational Christian household, however, I became an atheist at 11 years old due to the bad influence of one of my childhood "friends." It was then that I first fell into the void that is anxiety and depression. 2009 marked the growing conspiracy about the world ending in 2012. After the doomsday conspiracies started airing on TV, I was constantly in a state of worry. My nervousness got to the point where I was put in a mental hospital after attempting suicide. It was there that my faith in God reemerged, and I came out happy and upbeat. I remain a Christian to this very day. Unfortunately, my happiness didn't last and the feelings reemerged. I constantly was bullied during my middle school years which led to me isolating myself from my friends and family. This is a decision I will regret for the rest of my life. I became socially awkward to the point where I even refused to talk to any counselors and pastors that tried to comfort me. Even though I was considered a "genius" by my teachers and family, my grades dropped rapidly, and I started thinking of my intellect as a curse. This leads me to the point of my post. I am facing worse depression for the future of my country and my family. I have worried about various things in politics and world issues, and it makes me feel truly alone. The isolation I built up as a child is preventing me from seeing a therapist. I see the world falling from Christ and it seems that not even my faith can cure me. I have prayed day after day, night after night for hope for the lives of my future children and grandchildren. Sometimes I wonder if my intellectual interest in the political and social aspects of life as a curse rather than a blessing.
" I think it is not only out of God's wisdom but also out of his love that he leaves in mystery what he leaves in mystery. If I had more knowledge I could be heartbroken. Thus we live in hope.
And then, maybe, when standing at the Heaven's gate, I will throw myself into his arms and weep everything out. With him, we can handle that." - 1over137
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: URGENT!! My Growing anxiety and depression

Post by PaulSacramento »

You need to seek professional help.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Have you checked to see if it's something as simple as a hormone imbalance? I've experienced anxiety and depression from a hormone imbalance.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

I have pmd you.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Put your trust in God and since you are suffering from clinical depression, seek pro help. Sometimes, it is as simple as a missing vitamin or mineral in your system.

Secondly the world is not going to end soon, so don't worry about it. There was once a time when I went through the phase of being in constant fear that the world may end and the rapture would happen and etc...but now I am not, because I put my trust in God and leave it at that. Whatever happens in the world God, the ultimate goodness will take care of it. It is not your burden to carry. But also more to the point that I do know the world isn't ending anytime soon. Its not happening so chill.

As martin luther once said:

"Pray and let God worry."

God bless you, pm me if you wanna talk, just saying I am here to listen and pray anytime you want.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Seraph
Christian: No

Post by Seraph »

Indeed like Neo said, the world may be messed up sometimes, but it's not as bad as many make it out to be, and it certainly isn't going to end soon, assuming no giant asteroids hit the planet in the near future. :P

It's not an individuals responsibility to save the entire world.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
YoungApolegist
Recognized Member

Post by YoungApolegist »

1over137 and I have discussed it. I am calm now. If I ever feel like this again I listen to music I like or watch a movie.
" I think it is not only out of God's wisdom but also out of his love that he leaves in mystery what he leaves in mystery. If I had more knowledge I could be heartbroken. Thus we live in hope.
And then, maybe, when standing at the Heaven's gate, I will throw myself into his arms and weep everything out. With him, we can handle that." - 1over137
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

y@};-

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Awesome :)
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Depression is a very serious issue, I have know of two people that committed suicide because of it.
Do NOT underestimate the dangers.
Please seek help.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Yes, do not underestimate. Watch yourself http://www.patient.co.uk/health/depression-leaflet
Sleep, appetite, etc.

#foreverinmyheart
YoungApolegist
Recognized Member

Post by YoungApolegist »

Today I have talked to my parents about my isolation, and I told them that if these feelings come up again, they need to take me to get help even if it means they have to drag me there.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

YoungApolegist wrote:Today I have talked to my parents about my isolation, and I told them that if these feelings come up again, they need to take me to get help even if it means they have to drag me there.
That is a good first step, you will be in my prayers.

without.