Geographical Map of Atheism

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Geographical Map of Atheism

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

1over137 wrote:You mean, people do not go to church but have meetings at homes?
No. I mean that church buildings are being sold and converted into private homes or condominiums (luxury apartment-like private homes) and seniors' residences. My brother-in-law administers one such church which has been turned into a concert hall:

http://www.eglisest-norbert.ca

...The site is in French but you may be able to make out that this "church" claims neutraliité religieuse, religious neutrality. The church building is available for marriages where a church setting is desired. So gays and atheists who want a nice "church" wedding can have one!

Is this happenning in Slovakia?

FL y:-?

EDIT: on the "church" site, if you click on Venez visiter notre église en 3D, you'll see the actual interior of this building. It looks like a real Roman Catholic church.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

I do not know. I do not know what Catholics are doing with their buildings.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

1over137 wrote:I do not know. I do not know what Catholics are doing with their buildings.
Huh?

Don't you ever walk through Bratislava and see what is going on? Or does your limosine pick you up after work and bring you straight home?

FL :D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Starhunter
Sex: Male

Post by Starhunter »

Australians are considered to be atheist because they don't hold strictly to any church attendance. But most Australians believe in God and will go to church at xmas and easter or weddings and funerals.

Australia was largely a Protestant/Catholic country, which was 'taken care of' by world wars. Atheism has rapidly increased due to the hypocrisy of nominal churches, post war alcoholism, the after-effects of the compulsory teaching of evolution in schools (since 1967) the impact of fiction and entertainment in centralized populations, and the immigration policies of the last two decades.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
1over137 wrote:I do not know. I do not know what Catholics are doing with their buildings.
Huh?

Don't you ever walk through Bratislava and see what is going on? Or does your limosine pick you up after work and bring you straight home?

FL :D
From work which is very close to train station I directly go home by train.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Starhunter wrote:Australians are considered to be atheist because they don't hold strictly to any church attendance. But most Australians believe in God and will go to church at xmas and easter or weddings and funerals.

Australia was largely a Protestant/Catholic country, which was 'taken care of' by world wars. Atheism has rapidly increased due to the hypocrisy of nominal churches, post war alcoholism, the after-effects of the compulsory teaching of evolution in schools (since 1967) the impact of fiction and entertainment in centralized populations, and the immigration policies of the last two decades.
Hypocrasy of churches. Same in Slovakia. Many are atheists and do not consider join churches. Also communism influced people in the past.

#foreverinmyheart
Oliwia88
Newbie Member

Post by Oliwia88 »

I think that Czech Republic... A lot of people in this country prefer atheism. I know it because this country is near Poland and sometimes I talk with people who live there.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Oliwia88 wrote:I think that Czech Republic... A lot of people in this country prefer atheism. I know it because this country is near Poland and sometimes I talk with people who live there.
I can confirm. I know Czech people as I am from Slovakia. :wave:

#foreverinmyheart