Ark of the covenant

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
tunde1992
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Ark of the covenant

Post by tunde1992 »

what is it ? is it a real thing? where is it?
i dont quite understand what this is
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
-matthew 6:33
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Ark of the covenant

Post by RickD »

John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

2 Ch 35:3 records the last public resting place of the Ark.

2 Maccabees 2:4-8 (apocryphal) describes the final resting place (on earth!) of the Ark:

These same records also tell us that Jeremiah, acting under divine guidance, commanded the Tent of the Lord's Presence and the Covenant Box [that is, the Ark] to follow him to the mountain where Moses had looked down on the land which God had promised our people. When Jeremiah got to the mountain, he found a huge cave and there he hid the Tent of the Lord's Presence and the Covenant Box, and the altar of incence. Then he sealed up the entrance.

So, if 2 Maccabees 2:4-8 is correct, the Ark was buried in present-day Jordan, on Mount Nebo; see Dt 34:1-6.

FL

PS: Rev 11:19 records the resting place of the Ark during ''those'' times.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

The ark is a fascinating subject and I was always curious about the gold that adorned it.
At first I assumed itw as because God wanted a precious metal of great value as a symbol of the great value in it BUT I wondered f that was truly the case.
Inside the Ark lie the tablets of the Ten Commdandments and they were written by the finger of God.
I think that those tablets are "irradiated" by the energy of God and that the gold is protective.
That only the High priest can go in and that he must wear "special" (protective?) clothing and wash makes we wonder...
That anyone that touches the ark dies, even just by touching in accident.
I don't know...it's just a "feeling" I have....look at Moses when he spoke to God, he was "glowing" and anyone that sees God will die...
That God is the sustainer of the universe may mean that His is the energy of the universe, know what I mean?
That energy, like what fuels suns and such, that energy may be "radioactive" and those exposed "pay the price".
Gold, because of its high reflective properties is great at reflecting/blocking radiation.
Rob
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Rob »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:2 Ch 35:3 records the last public resting place of the Ark.
One interesting thing to note is that though it says Josiah requested the Ark from the Levites, it doesn't say they complied and brought it back. Obviously, that isn't conclusive, but it is interesting.

Lots of people think it might be in Ethiopia. I don't know, but they certainly believe they have it and protect it to this day.
PaulSacramento wrote:The ark is a fascinating subject and I was always curious about the gold that adorned it.
At first I assumed itw as because God wanted a precious metal of great value as a symbol of the great value in it BUT I wondered f that was truly the case.
Inside the Ark lie the tablets of the Ten Commdandments and they were written by the finger of God.
I think that those tablets are "irradiated" by the energy of God and that the gold is protective.
That only the High priest can go in and that he must wear "special" (protective?) clothing and wash makes we wonder...
That anyone that touches the ark dies, even just by touching in accident.
I don't know...it's just a "feeling" I have....look at Moses when he spoke to God, he was "glowing" and anyone that sees God will die...
That God is the sustainer of the universe may mean that His is the energy of the universe, know what I mean?
That energy, like what fuels suns and such, that energy may be "radioactive" and those exposed "pay the price".
Gold, because of its high reflective properties is great at reflecting/blocking radiation.
That is a really interesting idea!