My Graduation Speech

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Dallas
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

My Graduation Speech

Post by Dallas »

Sadly, they didn't accept it for me to read :(. Nevertheless, from the people who read it said it was really good. So, I'm going to let you read it :)

Please note that this was my rough, so there are some errors. My final got deleted without me knowing it. It's just grammatical errors, nothing too much that makes it different. Also, It could only be a half a page (double spaced full page). It took me 13 hours to write, let me know if you like it :P

Class of 2012- we have done it! We finished High School, and now we can continue our lives as young adults. However, there are some people who never got to experience this joy; they didn’t get to finish what they started.
I can’t help but notice the dates on gravestones; from the time of birth, to time of death. The dates can be different between two people, but there’s always that dash in between them. Comparing to how long an actual line is, this shows me that life isn’t that long; we don’t have all the time that we think we do. Class, we don’t know how much time we have, but let’s make it count. Let’s not waste our lives being selfish trying to make our own lives better, but make the world better. When responsibility comes our way, are we going to man up? Or are we going to just let it slide by hoping that the next person in line will take it?
You see, in the small amount of time we have on this earth, we can make a difference. We have resources at our hands that our ancestors could never imagine having. Let’s take full advantage of it. Let’s use what our parents and grandparents have graciously worked and fought for. They left us with tools, morals, and responsibilities that make our generation unique.
We are blessed to be alive today, and we will be blessed to be alive tomorrow. Don’t waste your life living for the moment, but living for the future. We can accomplish dreams that were thought unimaginable. All it takes is a little hard work, and a little time. In conclusion, if you got nothing out of this remember, it does not matter how long you have been alive, but how you spend your dash.
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Re: My Graduation Speech

Post by neo-x »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Reactionary
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Reactionary »

Dallas wrote:It took me 13 hours to write, let me know if you like it :P
Meh... I'd write this in half an hour... :ewink: But still, not bad, Western colleague. 8)
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

Reactionary wrote:
Dallas wrote:It took me 13 hours to write, let me know if you like it :P
Meh... I'd write this in half an hour... :ewink: But still, not bad, Western colleague. 8)
The problem wasn't me writing it. I had the speech already planned in my head, but it was longer than I could have possibly write in only half a page. The problem was turning a five page speech into a half a page speech. Do you know how hard that is? Pretty hard lol. Nevertheless, thank you :)
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
tunde1992
Recognized Member

Post by tunde1992 »

pretty good really emotional speech.. of course
i am not very emotional
nevertheless nice job
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
-matthew 6:33