I need help. (female problems.)

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
tunde1992
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: I need help. (female problems.)

Post by tunde1992 »

Kurieuo wrote:
tunde1992 wrote:start her off with some christian pick up lines .. such as If God made anything more pretty, I'm sure he'd keep it for himself or The word says "Give drink to those who are thirsty, and feed the hungry" ... how about dinner? then give her a heartfelt poem.. liek.. ill just make up one from my mind right now.. "your are my love.. i cant stop thinking about you. i think God everyday for putting you on this earth with me.. i thank God that even though i dont deserve it i get to see your beautiful holy face that God has made specially ..everyday .i humble myself because i am blessed and one of my blessing is you..i feel like we were meant to be together and the bible does say"whatever God joins let no man take apart"
I LOVE YOU.. something like that(:
:xxpuke: 8-}2
i though it was nice kurieuo! think you can make a better christian love poem..sir (: send it to me ..
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
-matthew 6:33
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I just wrote this

Roses are red,
Violets are Blue,
Just like Jesus,
I love you,

:ebiggrin:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
tunde1992
Recognized Member

Post by tunde1992 »

ok (: that was good. but you didnt put much time and effort into it like i did.. (:
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

tunde1992 wrote:ok (: that was good. but you didnt put much time and effort into it like i did.. (:
True that!!

I have about 3 cents in my emotional bank account, well at least that's what my wife tells me. :shock:
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
tunde1992
Recognized Member

Post by tunde1992 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
tunde1992 wrote:ok (: that was good. but you didnt put much time and effort into it like i did.. (:
True that!!

I have about 3 cents in my emotional bank account, well at least that's what my wife tells me. :shock:
Ha (:
Reactionary
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Reactionary »

CeT-To wrote:LOL that's why you always have that element of mystery when being friends with them ;)
Having female friends is a useful experience, I think we'll agree on that. It's just that, if something more starts to develop within you, then we might have a problem. Which may lead to opening a thread about it in Christian Chit-Chat subforum of G&S discussion board. :D
CeT-To wrote:Yeah you did spell my name right - few have the gift in this anglo world. ( net even that hard 8-}2 )
Nessun problema, amico. ;) Italians are my neighbours - miei vicini. 8)
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:I just wrote this

Roses are red,
Violets are Blue,
Just like Jesus,
I love you,

I love that Poem <3, I might use it :P
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
jestes
Familiar Member

Post by jestes »

Dallas wrote:
Thank you. Here's a little about me to determine if I meet those qualities.

I'm very passive (working on that). I usually just let people push me around, without any sort of movement after it. This I will not allow to get pushed around in. :P. I am very kin to pray for the things I want in a woman. I'm very specific when I pray about it. It turns out, from what I know about her as of yet, she meets those requirements. <3 . I do not have that high of a voice. For example: I talk loud enough to were "I" can hear it and not other people. It's quite annoying to repeat myself over and over. Trying to fix that. I'm kinda emotional about things. Almost woman like :(. Don't know if that needs fixed or not, you tell me? From what i'm told, I'm intelligent, I don't believe it. It's all stuff you learn in school. I'm a God Fearing man/boy. I wasn't that long ago, but i'm changing little by little. And it helps :P.
Soooo.... How am I? What should I improve on or work on. I'm assuming you are all Men. Help this boy out.
Miss a thread for a couple of days and it grows! I've got a little catching up to do, but here goes.

Learning how not to be passive, while still exhibiting other good qualities such as being kind, forgiving, and not uptight is a tough one. That'll take some time, but watching how someone you trust acts really helps. Some other people on here mentioned ways to help others respect you more, and that's a great place to start. People won't push you around much if they respect you. Unfortunately, sometimes people don't realize they are even doing it.

Being emotional is OK, but learn to control it. Emotions can REALLY cloud the issue, especially when hormones get involved. I've got a little theory that people are governed by either emotion, or logic. When the two conflict, the stronger one wins. All to often, it's emotion. The flesh is weak... However, add the Holy Spirit in there, and you now have an anchor. The HS is always right. Often times it's hard to be quiet enough to listen though. Emotions aren't bad though, they just have to be controlled or they will control you. Once you have learned to control your emotions a bit, you can begin using them to your advantage. Like anything else, be honest and not deceitful. There's an old cliche' that people don't remember what you say, but they do remember how you make them feel. Dating is a perfect example of that. You will NEVER convince her or talk her into liking you. EVER. What you can do though, is make her feel good things when she's around you. Show some fruits of the spirit! Make her and other people happy to see you. You know them better than I do. Having said that, people will still "feel better" about you if you stand up for yourself as opposed to never running the risk of offending people. Odd as it sounds, being slightly abrasive and a little stubborn is great if you have a good reason.

You said you're told you're intelligent, but you don't think so. The intelligence, or percieved lack thereof, isn't the issue. Confidence is the issue. I'm not talking about pride, but confident humility. We're supposed to think of ourselves with sober judgement and not be proud, but the opposite is also true. I personally feel God wants us to be happy in what he has given us, but always look beyond our gifts and talents and see he's the one who gave it, and give thanks for it. Confidence will help you in everything, especially in making this girl "feel" like you can be a good husband.

I'll make another reply in a little bit, but I've been EXACTLY where you are. I'll tell ya about it in a bit. For now, time to go get lunch before I have to get back to work. :-)
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

While I'm not going to deal with everything on this page, I'll give my two cents...

First of all, in my experience (and that of my close friends) being good friends is a good place to start, especially if it becomes clear that she's not looking for a relationship right now. My first girlfriend and I went on one date...we barely knew each other and she decided that she wanted to be friends afterward. It was great actually, and we became best friends in no time. After a few months, she asked me if I wanted to try dating again. We wound up going out for 2 years after that. Best years of my high school existence by far. I guess the way I see it, especially when you're young and in school, getting to know each other helps because it takes away that initial "feeling out" period of a relationship. You already know each other and know how you feel.

Same went for my second (current) girlfriend. We became friends right around the time that she had broken up with a somewhat abusive boyfriend, and after a few months she asked me out.

The only risk with friendship first is that you do risk losing that person as a friend if you do get into a committed or relatively long-term relationship. And from personal and anecdotal experience...that can be really, really harsh. But hey, you're young. Now's the time to learn for yourself about relationships, so that as you get older you can figure out what you want/need in a partner later.

Lots of Luck to you.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Dallas wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:I just wrote this

Roses are red,
Violets are Blue,
Just like Jesus,
I love you,

I love that Poem <3, I might use it :P

Glad you liked it, but seriously it's a bit sappy but who knows maybe she likes sappy.
I have been married 9 years and have been together 13 and I still got no idea on women.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I wrote this poem about 10 years ago. I offered to dedicate it to my wife as an expression of my love for her, but she wouldn't let me.

The Joy of Farting

We act as if it’s truly rare
To just lean back, and expel air

And then we ostracize the schmuck
Who dares to step upon a duck

We roll our eyes in shocked dismay
Whenever someone’s butt may bray

When truth be told, we all may pass
A little surreptitious gas

For debutant or an old geezer
Have all ripped a royal cheeser

We drop the rose and scurry on
And snicker when the frown is drawn

Yet who among us can declare
They’ve never passed some rancid air?

That house of glass still surely stands
For one whose derriere is bland

So put aside this false bravado
And stock yourself on avocado!

Eat broccoli and cauliflower
Beans and cabbage by the hour!

Drink your beer and carbonation
Vent your bowels throughout the nation!

Don’t hold it in and bear the pain!
Let methane fly and damn the shame!

Shout it strong and shout it loud!
I can FART and I am PROUD!

But if you feel there’s too much gas
Remember that this too will “pass”
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Classic Bart, absolute Gold.

Your wife must love you very much. :ebiggrin:
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

You'd think so wouldn't you ...... :mrgreen:
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Bart, your wife is one lucky gal. That poem is right up there with Song of Solomon, as best all-time love stories. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:Bart, your wife is one lucky gal. That poem is right up there with Song of Solomon, as best all-time love stories. :mrgreen:
:clap: :pound: