Freewill in Heaven

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Freewill in Heaven

Post by Silvertusk »

Do we lose our freewill in heaven - stopping us from sinning?

Silvertusk.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Freewill in Heaven

Post by jlay »

I pray we do.

I pray that I am FREE from MY will. Romans 12:1,2
The truth will set us FREE. The Christian on earth is truly sanctified when he begins to crucify his will, and present himself as a living sacrifice. I'd suggest reading the February entries of Oswald Chambers devotional, My Utmost For His Highest. http://www.utmost.org Man, this guy got it.

Of course sinning will not be the issue, because God has reconciled us to Himself, and we will be given new bodies, incorruptible. Heaven is not just a better you. In fact I'd say a good start is to lay that question on the altar. Lose it!! That you may gain. And that goes for me too. I'll pray for you, you pray for me. That we would desire and pursue the will of God even at the expense of our own will.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Silvertusk wrote:Do we lose our freewill in heaven - stopping us from sinning?

Silvertusk.
More like we are freed from our sinful nature in Christ according to our will.
  • Romans 8:15-20 15: For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. 16But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. 17So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. 18For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. 19For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. 20But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
wrain62
Valued Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by wrain62 »

Well be like angels--Free Will that has made its choice and is absolutly stable(how many angels fall every millenia? None)
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
kmr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by kmr »

We are using our freewill to choose to be removed from sin. We are choosing to completely reject that part of our lives. Like the Vulcans choosing to reject emotion, except... diferent :ewink: :)
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!