I am not

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
tunde1992
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

I am not

Post by tunde1992 »

A bunch of my catholic "friends "(am christian)have been teasing making fun of me and calling me gay(homosexual) :( because I don't have a girlfriend or "check out" girls can u guys please help me find a way to deal with this situation and lies and mockery from my "friends".
goldmoor
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: I am not

Post by goldmoor »

well if there are truly your friend then you should tell to stop because they might kid around and think all for fun ,but you don't and you should let them know and they should understand,however if they aren't really your friends(i been there many times) then you should stop haging out with them and find some new true friends and when you see them next time tell if they are christain then they should not be harrassing anyone under no circumstance 8)
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

goldmoor wrote:well if there are truly your friend then you should tell to stop because they might kid around and think all for fun ,but you don't and you should let them know and they should understand,however if they aren't really your friends(i been there many times) then you should stop haging out with them and find some new true friends and when you see them next time tell if they are christain then they should not be harrassing anyone under no circumstance 8)

:amen:
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Bovey
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Bovey »

I hear you man, I don't do all that sex stuff that my friends get into, so they call me names and gay and stuff. I just ignore them and try not to let it get to my head. When they really get on my nerve I just walk away and take it to the Lord, He's always there to help you no matter what.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

People generally just respect my choice to be abstinent, and i never hear anything about it. Also all my friends are pretty darn evangelical, most are born again Christians, and the only thing I ever hear is when we pass a pretty girl is "god sure gave her beauty" or something of the likes.

Go to church, find some great christian friends. Practicing Christians always make great friends!
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
CallMeDave
Valued Member

Post by CallMeDave »

tunde1992 wrote:A bunch of my catholic "friends "(am christian ) have been teasing making fun of me and calling me gay(homosexual) :( because I don't have a girlfriend or "check out" girls can u guys please help me find a way to deal with this situation and lies and mockery from my "friends".
Then it sounds like you are not a homosexual ...but if you are or think you are, id like to offer the following so you can understand just how dangerous the lifestyle has become : http://www.catholiceducation.org/articl ... o0075.html . If you dont have a confused sexuality but are just currently without a g/f and choose not to lust after women.... then it is important not to let your friends comments bother you , for, they are in the wrong and not you. In time, you will acquire friends with ladies and i wouldnt be concerned about not having one right now. . Sometimes its a good thing to not have a g/f until the time is right because it will allow you to grow , mature, and become a better friend for when it does happen. Just concentrate on becoming a nice guy with integrity and good character because thats what gals find especially attractive about guys. Regards.
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

CallMeDave wrote:
tunde1992 wrote:A bunch of my catholic "friends "(am christian ) have been teasing making fun of me and calling me gay(homosexual) :( because I don't have a girlfriend or "check out" girls can u guys please help me find a way to deal with this situation and lies and mockery from my "friends".
Then it sounds like you are not a homosexual ...but if you are or think you are, id like to offer the following so you can understand just how dangerous the lifestyle has become : http://www.catholiceducation.org/articl ... o0075.html . If you dont have a confused sexuality but are just currently without a g/f and choose not to lust after women.... then it is important not to let your friends comments bother you , for, they are in the wrong and not you. In time, you will acquire friends with ladies and i wouldnt be concerned about not having one right now. . Sometimes its a good thing to not have a g/f until the time is right because it will allow you to grow , mature, and become a better friend for when it does happen. Just concentrate on becoming a nice guy with integrity and good character because thats what gals find especially attractive about guys. Regards.
Absolutely dead on.

The only pressure you feel is the one you allow to affect you. My son is almost 19 years old and while he does feel peer pressure to have a g/f (i.e. be sexually active) he understands that relationships based on mutual respect are much more fulfilling than temporary carnal satisfaction. If your so-called friends cannot support your decision they don't belong being your friends.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
CallMeDave
Valued Member

Post by CallMeDave »

Byblos wrote:
CallMeDave wrote:
Absolutely dead on.

The only pressure you feel is the one you allow to affect you. My son is almost 19 years old and while he does feel peer pressure to have a g/f (i.e. be sexually active) he understands that relationships based on mutual respect are much more fulfilling than temporary carnal satisfaction. If your so-called friends cannot support your decision they don't belong being your friends.
Absolutely....dont feel any compelling need to get the applause of men (friends) , nor to follow an out of control sex saturated culture who cares nothing about you or the ramifications of sexual immorality. Rise about that and hold your head high.
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.
tunde1992
Recognized Member

Post by tunde1992 »

..nA AM STRAIGHT .. I CHOOSE NOT TO LUST.. THANKS YALL FRO UR HELP
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
-matthew 6:33
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

Best thing to tell yourself is you WILL find somebody eventually. Most people do one way or another, and if you don't. So what? Gman didn't and he's perfectly happy.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte