C.S. Lewis

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
inlovewiththe44
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

C.S. Lewis

Post by inlovewiththe44 »

I have seen a wide range of opinions over various different posts in this forum on C.S. Lewis. This is to bring all the opinions in one place because I am really interested to see what people have to say about him. Some praise him for being one of the greatest Christian intellectuals of the 20th century, while others claim he was a flaming heretic. Again, I would just like to see what everybody has to say about him, his beliefs, and his writings.

I grew up reading Lewis's work and it helped me to understand a lot about Christianity and faith among other things. I was always amazed at how well thought out his arguments were, and I believed his writings were so utterly profound and unique.

Hopefully this will make for a good conversation. If not, my apologies haha :wave:
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: C.S. Lewis

Post by zoegirl »

I like him....
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
inlovewiththe44
Recognized Member

Very insightful :clap: hahha, kidding.
zoegirl
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

sorry, I do think that he has a lot to offer. His books are amazing and his way of writing is just lovely and insightful.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
inlovewiththe44
Recognized Member

Yeah, I completely agree. When I first read Mere Christianity I didn't get it at all, but after I read it a second time I was completely blown away on how much sense he made.
narnia4
Sex: Male

Post by narnia4 »

I think he's great. He has a lot to offer. From his fiction and writing what are still some of the best Christian science fiction and some of the best children stories to simple, elegant, yet highly intelligent writings about God. Once you get in-depth about these topics you do see that its basic stuff, but that's hardly a problem. Some of his writings still work pretty well against even the most "modern" secular arguments.

With all that said, there are a couple things that do bother me a bit and his theology isn't perfect. He wasn't perfect. Overall, still a big thumbs up.
Young, Restless, Reformed
wrain62
Valued Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by wrain62 »

Where is cslewislover?
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

cslewislover hasn't been active on the board here for quite some time.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender