Marraige and the eternal life

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Marraige and the eternal life

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Hi
I have a small conundrum which has been playing on my mind for some time.
Before i became a christain i was married, my wife is still agnostic and i pray everyday that she may come to love and serve the Lord.
But my problem is that the Bible says that when we got married we Became one flesh ( the image of God ) Genesis 2:18, 21-24 and Genesis 1:26-28 also Ephesians 5:22-33.
My questions is if my wife never becomes a christain will i a) spend eternal life without her happy? b) follow my wife into seperation from God c) God will allow my wife eternal salvation because she is a part of me and i repented or d) i enter eternal life and spend eternity with a broken heart y:-?
I dont really like and of those hypothesis and my best bet is to show my wife Gods love but it makes me sad and scared of the alternative if i fail.

Looking forward to your responses
Daniel
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
kmr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Marraige and the eternal life

Post by kmr »

This is also a question I have always wondered about. It may be that just as Christ will vouch for His church when that time comes, a husband may be able to vouch for his wife, or vice versa, and give her the opportunity to repent. Maybe she may not be given any chance, but I do not believe that this will be her fate from what I have read in scripture. Your bond, I think, will have some effect when that time comes. Observe 1 Corinthians 7:12-14:
12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. 13 And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.
Clearly, the Lord loves both of you and your union very much, so I would say, keep praying, and love your wife so that she may see the truth in the Lord. You are in my prayers! y[-o<
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Hi kmr
Thank you for those words of wisdom.
I am not sure how i missed 1 Corinthians 7:12-14 :oops: , must check my concordance more thoroughly in future.
I shall continue efforts to bring salvation to my wife and others who seek it and pray and ask God for guidance.
I must say that i am humbled by the knowlage and wisdom that is contained within this site( hopefully some may rub off one me ), and it goes to show that the almighty is in all things even the internet :lol:

Daniel
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
kmr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by kmr »

:ewink: Yeah, even the internet...! :lol: It still amazes me how He works, even to this day.

God bless!
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!