191

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Post Reply
User avatar
Ngakunui
Established Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 1:08 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Location: Down South
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

191

#1

Post by Ngakunui » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Forgive me if this is in the wrong subforum, or a bit superstitious, or paranoid, but I keep seeing the number 191 again and again, and it's a rather odd, unusual number. If anyone knows what exactly it means in the Bible, please tell me, because I haven't found any relevance to it in it. These are, however, the sightings I've seen of it that are of actual significance.

>I joined a website as its 191'st member when I was twelve. Before then, I joined another website (as the 1292'd member) that was about the same thing as that one, and was banned by its 191'st member. Who just so happened to have been on its staff.

>191 in binary is 10111111, which has seven ones(and one zero).

>I recall being stopped by a train once that had 191 on it for some reason, followed by two others that had 116, 117, and 118 in that order if I recall correctly.

>My mother has a replica Colt Model 1911 (semi)Automatic Pistol. 1911 being very close to 191, with a one at the end.

>I realized I stop paying attention to the time after 2:31 PM(1:91 if time read that way) until 3:19. I never have the impulse to look at the time between then, or at least never remember.

>191 is a prime number(divisible only by itself and one)

>191 is the sum in cents of a dollar, half-dollar,quarter,dime,nickel, and penny.

>Apparently, this one odd looking building I saw once in Atlanta is called 191 Peachtree Tower. Which is currently the 4'th largest building in Atlanta.

>191(not 911) is an emergency phone number in four countries.

>The X-15 exploded and killed its test pilot during its 191 flight.

>Wikipedia(the disinformation website any monkey can edit) has a page on 191 for some dumb reason. It cites a few things I said.


I find it odd that I see this number so often, and I will very commonly see it scattered about in random instances of no real significance. Anyone know if it does or can mean anything in the Bible? If not, am I just being a nut?

User avatar
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 807
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:48 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 191

#2

Post by Gabrielman » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Hebrew Numerology: http://www.jewfaq.org/alephbet.htm
1 is Alef 9 could be Teit then Alef again, but the link I gave has way more in it. I am superstitious to an extent, lol, so give me time to look into this more for you, you never know!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.

User avatar
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 807
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:48 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 191

#3

Post by Gabrielman » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:22 pm

Here are a few tables from the site for quick reference:
Image
Image
Image
Image

If there is meaning behind 191 then it is likely we will find it out, though let's not get too far out there with crop circle fanatics!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.

A Y323
Recognized Member
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:06 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: 191

#4

Post by A Y323 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:24 am

Ngakunui wrote:Forgive me if this is in the wrong subforum, or a bit superstitious, or paranoid, but I keep seeing the number 191 again and again, and it's a rather odd, unusual number.
191 - There are two 1's in the three number sequence; 2 and 3 make 23! Run away!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23_enigma

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-apophenia.htm

Maybe it means something, but I wouldn't get too worked up over it.

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 6028
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 142 times

Re: 191

#5

Post by Byblos » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:39 am

I see no pattern at all to 191, just random events.

About 2 years ago I heard on a radio talk show this woman whose father had passed away some time before at 11:11 am. From that day on, she recounts, every day she would feel a tap on her shoulder and look at her watch and it would be exactly 11:11 am.

I never even gave a 2nd thought, until that is I started looking at the clock at work every morning and it would be exactly 11:11 am. Coincidence? Of course it is. I look at the clock or my watch plenty of other times and the time means absolutely nothing (other than what time it was). But 11:11 am became memorable and noticeable because of the story I heard.

When you look hard enough you will see patterns in anything.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

User avatar
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 807
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:48 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: 191

#6

Post by Gabrielman » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:48 am

Byblos wrote:When you look hard enough you will see patterns in anything.
Very true, I still just like to look into things just in case, you can never be too sure. Plus when looking into such things, random or not, you may come across something in your research and become just a little smarter ;)
Byblos wrote:About 2 years ago I heard on a radio talk show this woman whose father had passed away some time before at 11:11 am. From that day on, she recounts, every day she would feel a tap on her shoulder and look at her watch and it would be exactly 11:11 am.
Good example of this, most of the time I see the clock in the morning or evening it is 9:11.


Either way, I thought it may be interesting to see if there had been some kind of pattern, but it isn't anything I would get too far into. I am no conspiracy theorist, so it was just for fun.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 6028
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 142 times

Re: 191

#7

Post by Byblos » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:29 pm

Gabrielman wrote:
Byblos wrote:When you look hard enough you will see patterns in anything.
Very true, I still just like to look into things just in case, you can never be too sure. Plus when looking into such things, random or not, you may come across something in your research and become just a little smarter ;)
Byblos wrote:About 2 years ago I heard on a radio talk show this woman whose father had passed away some time before at 11:11 am. From that day on, she recounts, every day she would feel a tap on her shoulder and look at her watch and it would be exactly 11:11 am.
Good example of this, most of the time I see the clock in the morning or evening it is 9:11.


Either way, I thought it may be interesting to see if there had been some kind of pattern, but it isn't anything I would get too far into. I am no conspiracy theorist, so it was just for fun.
My post was more for the OP Gab, but I know what you're saying. Number patterns in the Bible is very old and a very interesting subject. As long as, like you said, it is taken just for fun.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

Post Reply