The Amazing Atheist

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Imperial
Established Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

The Amazing Atheist

Post by Imperial »

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAmazingA ... fbY2lJBCQk

^ Makes more sense than anything a christian could ever possibly argue.

I used to believe i was an atheist, christianity seemed like a fairy tale to me. Then when i was influenced by a few people (my family..) for some reason i felt more geared towards becoming partially Christian. This video has made clear what i was trying to understand all along.

Sorry to Gabrielman, Danny, Gman, and all the others i've had discussions with but Atheism truely makes more sense to me.

The way i see it...

Atheism = Logical with some Proof

Christianity = Highly illogical, fairy tale'ish, impossible to prove (no proof at all)
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes

Re: The Amazing Atheist

Post by Gabrielman »

Imperial wrote: Atheism = Logical with some Proof

Christianity = Highly illogical, fairy tale'ish, impossible to prove (no proof at all)
Excuse me? And how did you come to that conclusion? You think that it is more logical that a bunch of subatomic particles just happened to exist and be the right size and charge to form atoms that just happened to make the right chemicals to make a planet and proteins that then just happened to form cells all on their own and then just happened to come to life... yeah real logical and makes tons of sense to me. :roll: And now those atoms are talking to you and arguing that that is not the case, they have also become self aware on their own.

How does this sound, instead of putting a youtube video up why don't you explain in detail why you said that. Please, enlighten me.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Gman
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Gman »

Imperial wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAmazingA ... fbY2lJBCQk

I used to believe i was an atheist, christianity seemed like a fairy tale to me. Then when i was influenced by a few people (my family..) for some reason i felt more geared towards becoming partially Christian. This video has made clear what i was trying to understand all along.

Sorry to Gabrielman, Danny, Gman, and all the others i've had discussions with but Atheism truely makes more sense to me.

The way i see it...

Unfortunately the way of Christ is love Mark 12:31.... Christians don't even claim to have a moral superiority Philippians 2:3.

And as far as proof is concerned, there is no scientific proof that anyone could use to "dis-prove" God.

But it really doesn't matter... Why? Because no one would believe this nor really want to understand anyway...

Just keep on fighting.. fight.. fight.. fight.. :|
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
August
Old School

Post by August »

Imperial wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAmazingA ... fbY2lJBCQk

The way i see it...

The only thing amazing about that is the amount of rubbish he can fit into 5 minutes.

So while we are on the topic, please prove your statement "Atheism = Logical with some proof" to be true. Be sure to include how you arrive at the laws of logic in the first place, and also show the proof for atheism that you talk about.

Let's start with that.

PS: Your "amazing" friend does not account for any of the presuppositions he uses, like good or evil, truth or untruth, purpose or non purpose, better or worse, reason or non-reason, the character of Christians...he blindly assumes them and then stumbles forward into a kindergarten presentation of atheist talking points that have been refuted so many times that even professional atheist philosophers are ashamed to use them in formal debate. His knowledge of history is astonishingly ignorant or willfully dishonest. Most ethically sound? It is laughable.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Gabrielman wrote: Excuse me? And how did you come to that conclusion? You think that it is more logical that a bunch of subatomic particles just happened to exist and be the right size and charge to form atoms that just happened to make the right chemicals to make a planet and proteins that then just happened to form cells all on their own and then just happened to come to life... yeah real logical and makes tons of sense to me. :roll: And now those atoms are talking to you and arguing that that is not the case, they have also become self aware on their own.

How does this sound, instead of putting a youtube video up why don't you explain in detail why you said that. Please, enlighten me.
Apparently mud has creative properties... Given a little time and some gamma rays, it can create an entire city of people by itself. :roll:

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Imperial
Established Member

Post by Imperial »

Gabrielman wrote:
Imperial wrote: Atheism = Logical with some Proof

Excuse me? And how did you come to that conclusion? You think that it is more logical that a bunch of subatomic particles just happened to exist and be the right size and charge to form atoms that just happened to make the right chemicals to make a planet and proteins that then just happened to form cells all on their own and then just happened to come to life... yeah real logical and makes tons of sense to me. :roll: And now those atoms are talking to you and arguing that that is not the case, they have also become self aware on their own.

And you believe in some sort of all powerful being when nothing super natural has happened within confirmed recorded history? No miracles when we have all this disease and evil in the world? And all you're basing your beliefs on is a ridiculously old book which you can't even prove who actually came up with all the fairy tales inside? And you believe that a senior citizen rounded up all the species of animals on the earth into a giant boat which he built and survived a worldwide flood? And your only defense to why people should believe all this crap is that "You have Faith"??? No Proof????? Ya THAT'S logical :roll:

I didn't come up with everything in the youtube video, i didn't realize how insane i was getting until i watched the video. And if you watched the video, it had nothing to do with the origin of humans. NO ONE can truely say or prove what our origin is. NO ONE! Although scientists at least use real evidence that we have today to form THEORIES. (if you didn't know.. it's called the Big Bang THEORY - as in not proven but somthing along the lines that COULD happen)

The video said it all. I dont know what you want me to tell you.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

August wrote: So while we are on the topic, please prove your statement "Atheism = Logical with some proof" to be true. Be sure to include how you arrive at the laws of logic in the first place, and also show the proof for atheism that you talk about.
Too true.. Atheism is just another religion in itself.. It's practically entirely faith based...

Imperial
Established Member

Post by Imperial »

So while we are on the topic, please prove your statement "Atheism = Logical with some proof" to be true. Be sure to include how you arrive at the laws of logic in the first place, and also show the proof for atheism that you talk about.
Atheism believes in what can be proven. Theories are theories, i love how Gman assumes that Atheists believe in the big bang theory and societys spawning up from mud as if it was what REALLY happened.

Atheisms DON'T believe in an amazingly old book that shows all these unprovable fairy tales. When you look at real life today, how can ANY of that crap be plausable? That's Logical
August
Old School

Post by August »

And you believe in some sort of all powerful being when nothing super natural has happened within confirmed recorded history? No miracles when we have all this disease and evil in the world?
How do you know nothing super-natural has happened? How do you know no miracles have happened?

On what basis do you view "natural" explanations as the only valid explanations?
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Imperial before I respond to you...

READ THE MAIN SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will answer many of your very weak criticisms.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
Imperial
Established Member

Post by Imperial »

August wrote:
And you believe in some sort of all powerful being when nothing super natural has happened within confirmed recorded history? No miracles when we have all this disease and evil in the world?
How do you know nothing super-natural has happened? How do you know no miracles have happened?

On what basis do you view "natural" explanations as the only valid explanations?
Oh ya.... I just read Harry Potter last week and dude its so plausable i bet there are wizards out there for real who gave someone the idea to make a movie and book of their ways to silently show the world what they could do.

^ Ya... That's basically what christianity is
August
Old School

Post by August »

Imperial wrote:
Atheism believes in what can be proven. Theories are theories, i love how Gman assumes that Atheists believe in the big bang theory and societys spawning up from mud as if it was what REALLY happened.

Atheisms DON'T believe in an amazingly old book that shows all these unprovable fairy tales. When you look at real life today, how can ANY of that crap be plausable? That's Logical
Please answer the question.

Also, please describe "what can be proven". What are your demarcations for proof? What is your explanatory filter?

"Theories are theories" is a tautology.

You keep using "logical" but have not yet shown where logic comes from...why we should believe you when you use it.

Your total argument against Christianity here is composed of logical fallacies, yet you claim to want to hold to logic.

August
Old School

Post by August »

Imperial wrote:
August wrote:

Oh ya.... I just read Harry Potter last week and dude its so plausable i bet there are wizards out there for real who gave someone the idea to make a movie and book of their ways to silently show the world what they could do.

^ Ya... That's basically what christianity is
This is getting repetitive...are you going to answer the questions? Or are you going to persist with your logical fallacies?

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Imperial wrote:Atheism believes in what can be proven. Theories are theories, i love how Gman assumes that Atheists believe in the big bang theory and societys spawning up from mud as if it was what REALLY happened.
It's no wonder.. The big bang is direct evidence against atheism... The big bang states that the universe had a beginning..
Imperial wrote:Atheisms DON'T believe in an amazingly old book that shows all these unprovable fairy tales. When you look at real life today, how can ANY of that crap be plausable? That's Logical
Right, you believe that there isn't a god.. So the only other alternative is mud..

Say hello to your god of miracles... Worship it all the days of your life then..

Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Imperial wrote:And you believe in some sort of all powerful being when nothing super natural has happened within confirmed recorded history?
Confirmed recorded history, as in....? So you mean back when people were first worshiping Jesus (oh I don't know, say not long after He came back from the dead) are not considered as part of recorded history? And how do you know nothing supernatural happens, even today it can happen. Of course you will attempt to write it off as some phenomenon that people just misunderstand, and yet for some odd reason you have no proof for that... but it is more logically sound than it being a supernatural happening. Sure.....
Imperial wrote:No miracles when we have all this disease and evil in the world?

Um... no miracles huh... so what do you call child birth and those atoms coming to life? And look online people testify to miracles every day.
Imperial wrote:And all you're basing your beliefs on is a ridiculously old book which you can't even prove who actually came up with all the fairy tales inside?
Uh... wow so you really don't know much about the Bible and the history behind it do you? Read this stuff and then get back to me
Imperial wrote:And you believe that a senior citizen rounded up all the species of animals on the earth into a giant boat which he built and survived a worldwide flood?
The flood was local, look it up.
Imperial wrote: I didn't come up with everything in the youtube video, i didn't realize how insane i was getting until i watched the video. And if you watched the video, it had nothing to do with the origin of humans. NO ONE can truely say or prove what our origin is. NO ONE! Although scientists at least use real evidence that we have today to form THEORIES. (if you didn't know.. it's called the Big Bang THEORY - as in not proven but somthing along the lines that COULD happen)
First of all I didn't say you came up with all of this, I asked you to provide evidence of your own as to why we are wrong, still you have not done that. And without the origin of humankind you have no foundation, so nothing to base it all on. Oh and I am not against the big bang, I believe God used it to make the universe, so why not study up on OEC (Old Earth Creationism) and get back to me on this too.