What you mean to others!

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
vcoddington
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

What you mean to others!

Post by vcoddington »

What you mean to others! Finding God's message in everyday events

I sat quietly as each of her friends and family spoke of her; how much she meant to them; what a blessing she was. I had only known her for 2 years, but we had become close friends. We spoke of many things, but she had never mentioned that her time here was so limited.

I still don't know if I would have wanted to know her, I wondered how mush of a blessing they were

I knew her family and friends only through my conversations with her. As they tearfully reminisced of her, I wondered if they realized how much they meant to her, how much of a blessing they were in her life.

I have come to believe that this is the important part of a memorial service. We certainly should share our memories of those departed, but what is uppermost is not what a blessing they have been to us, but what kind of blessing we were to them.

I have since reflected on those who have gone before me. I have tried to listen to their words about me if I had gone first. Would they be able to truthfully say that I was a special part of their lives?
Would they be able to truthfully say that I I had made a difference? In other words could they truthfully say all those wonderful things we so often hear during those first days after a death.

So many in my life have been a true blessing to me; I pray now that God helps me to be a blessing to them.
http://thoughtsbythec.blogspot.com
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: What you mean to others!

Post by Nessa »

vcoddington wrote:What you mean to others! Finding God's message in everyday events

I sat quietly as each of her friends and family spoke of her; how much she meant to them; what a blessing she was. I had only known her for 2 years, but we had become close friends. We spoke of many things, but she had never mentioned that her time here was so limited.

I still don't know if I would have wanted to know her, I wondered how mush of a blessing they were

I knew her family and friends only through my conversations with her. As they tearfully reminisced of her, I wondered if they realized how much they meant to her, how much of a blessing they were in her life.

I have come to believe that this is the important part of a memorial service. We certainly should share our memories of those departed, but what is uppermost is not what a blessing they have been to us, but what kind of blessing we were to them.

I have since reflected on those who have gone before me. I have tried to listen to their words about me if I had gone first. Would they be able to truthfully say that I was a special part of their lives?
Would they be able to truthfully say that I I had made a difference? In other words could they truthfully say all those wonderful things we so often hear during those first days after a death.

So many in my life have been a true blessing to me; I pray now that God helps me to be a blessing to them.
http://thoughtsbythec.blogspot.com

:sbump:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: What you mean to others!

Post by RickD »

Holy spam thread resurrection, Batman!!!!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony