Christian Music

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
For_Narniaaa
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Christian Music

Post by For_Narniaaa »

I didn't see any other thread about this so I thought I'd start one. :ewink:

What kinds of Christian music is everyone into? Got any favorite worship songs, gospel songs, contemporary Christian songs, etc.?

:whistle: :harp:

"Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge." ~Proverbs 1:7

"The God of the universe---the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor---loves you with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love." ~Francis Chan

Banner credit: arwen-undomiel.com
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male

Re: Christian Music

Post by Gabrielman »

I like all kinds of Christian music. From instamental, to heavy metal. I love Mercy Me, Casting Crowns, a new one is News Boys, I also love Red, Uderoath, Skillet, Decyfer Down, Family Force Five, and many more. One of my favorite songs is Face Down, by Family Force Five Here it is, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZcEayBVcc8 I hope you don't mind if we post the songs links!
Other songs: Fire Proof by Pillar (another fav), Pieces by Red, Start Again by Red, Who Am I by Casting Crowns, and a lot more!
God bless!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

For_Narniaaa wrote:I didn't see any other thread about this so I thought I'd start one. :ewink:

What kinds of Christian music is everyone into? Got any favorite worship songs, gospel songs, contemporary Christian songs, etc.?

:whistle: :harp:
I bought a cb radio. One guy sits back and dishes out stories that he actually believes are true which he makes up while another guy thinks he's Elvis while another calls himself BlackJack and is always on a mission of some sort or other. His missions are never important but he actually believes each mission at the moment he's on it is the most important thing in the world and everyone cares as much as he does. Laughable but entertaining. All the littleness of humanity can be found on CB radio... the arguing over nothingness, the personality disorders, the improper socialization. It's a reality show happening in real time. That's what I'm listening to now.
rodyshusband
Established Member

Post by rodyshusband »

My wife is into contemporary artists such as Crystal Lewis and Nicole C. Mullen.
Personally, I prefer the old hymns (guess I'm getting old y(:| )
“Christianity provides a unified answer for the whole of life.” -- Francis Schaeffer
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

I do too!! Prefer the old hymsn, that is....love them.

Im not too big into pop-Christian, but there is some nice stuff out there.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
For_Narniaaa
Established Member

Post by For_Narniaaa »

I like all kinds of Christian music. From instamental, to heavy metal. I love Mercy Me, Casting Crowns, a new one is News Boys, I also love Red, Uderoath, Skillet, Decyfer Down, Family Force Five, and many more.
Casting Crowns, Newsboys, and Red are near to my heart. I really love Breathe Into Me and Already Over by Red...I've never heard "Pieces" so I guess I'll have to check it out. I'm also really into lighter rock like Superchick, Plumb and BarlowGirl.
Personally, I prefer the old hymns (guess I'm getting old )
Haha! You aren't alone; the hymns are some of my favorites, too...especially when Hayley Westenra is singing them. :ebiggrin: You should try out her versions of Abide With Me and Amazing Grace...truly angelic, if you ask me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bqrRNowf1Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS0acl9m ... re=related

"Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true knowledge." ~Proverbs 1:7

"The God of the universe---the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor---loves you with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love." ~Francis Chan

Banner credit: arwen-undomiel.com
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

This is a fun one - love it! (Newsboys):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYFtV2q9GY0

I like Lifehouse quite a lot, and Third Day.

Hanging by a Moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lFpSbkYaZc

Revelation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEn74zP1glQ

Let It Rise (Big Daddy Weave): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFoP89RClWM

I still really like Steve Curtis Chapman's "Dive": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2v-wZP6I3c

Yeah, I listen to a Christian pop-rock station, so that's what I know. :)

I like this as a worship song, and my church does do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5_Z3ZZYLDc
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uw8mIcQJn8
For Narnia,
Here's a link to Pieces by Red. They really speak to my heart in this song. Probably because all I have been through in the short time I have been alive. The images really speak to me as well, that's why chose this one and not the other vid of it. There is another one I want to show you.....
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MEnuAelysI
This one is to me, like me talking to God... and how I felt. Red is a very deep band. I have both their albums, "End of Silence" and "Innocence and Instinct". They are very very good. I could get the song lyrics for both of these if you would like.
God bless!
LOl, I like Plumb and Barlow Girl and Super Chick too, but Red is my favorite band of all time.
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoTdWKs2ZsM&feature=related
Okay one more Red link, from their deluxe album. This song is about the fight inside, and it is really moving IMO. To me it speaks volumes about myself, can't say how it is to you all.
Alright one more ;) promise. This is from Ivory line, a bad I like but have no Cd's of. This is their song be still and breath.
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=K41N14DN0zI
Yet another thing that speaks to me... but then again... well anyway, it's a great song and I love this band too!
BTW CSLL I love those songs! Do you listen to The River? I hear those on that station. I especially like Newsboys song!
Would you like some coffee? Image Hmmm... some nice coffee and some nice music, a great beginning to any day!
LOL, okay one more song, :P //www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7AoqwncOTA&NR=1 I wonder if you all will listen to these, lol, that's Ivory line, "Day's End" Enjoy!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

BTW CSLL I love those songs! Do you listen to The River? I hear those on that station. I especially like Newsboys song!

Would you like some coffee? Image Hmmm... some nice coffee and some nice music, a great beginning to any day!

LOL, okay one more song, :P //www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7AoqwncOTA&NR=1 I wonder if you all will listen to these, lol, that's Ivory line, "Day's End" Enjoy!
:D I'll be back to comment on the music, but for now I wanted to have a quick (I need to run, unfortunately) coffee with you! Thanks!! Oh, and the station around here that plays those songs is called The Fish. :)

Ok, I'm back, and listening. That Pieces by Red is a pretty song, and the video that person made with it is really good!

There must be a story about why that one song has the same lyrics, Nothing and Everything, and The Fight Inside. I'd have to listen more, but I think I like The Fight Inside better. I like the Be Still and Breathe lyrics. :)
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

What is the point of posting such vile music?

(Other than Ride of the valkyries, which at least ha the merit of having some talent behind it...)
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

zoegirl wrote:What is the point of posting such vile music?

(Other than Ride of the valkyries, which at least ha the merit of having some talent behind it...)
To get a reaction from you honey. y@};-

Interestingly, Megadeath's Dave Mustane (Hi me it's me again) has apparently seriously converted to Christianity and been born again. He canceled concerts after his promoters booked Megadeath to play with black metal bands last year and is working now with Christian artists in San Diego where he attends an evangelical church. Who would have guessed Mr. Evil himself would get saved... I never did.
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

cslewislover wrote:

:D I'll be back to comment on the music, but for now I wanted to have a quick (I need to run, unfortunately) coffee with you! Thanks!! Oh, and the station around here that plays those songs is called The Fish. :)

Ok, I'm back, and listening. That Pieces by Red is a pretty song, and the video that person made with it is really good!

There must be a story about why that one song has the same lyrics, Nothing and Everything, and The Fight Inside. I'd have to listen more, but I think I like The Fight Inside better. I like the Be Still and Breathe lyrics. :)
I am glad you liked them! *sits down with you to have coffee* I liked the original Fight Inside better, but they made like a remix, they probably shouldn't have. They are supposed to be the same song, but someone decided the title should be different. I am glad you like the Be Still and Breathe lyrics too. Those are just some on my favorite songs, but I don't own Be Still, I want to though, just need to figure out what cd it's on.....
Anyway, God bless! Now lets relax and have some coffee! y~o)
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Gabrielman wrote:Anyway, God bless! Now lets relax and have some coffee! y~o)
Sounds great! . . . relaxing . . . God bless you, too. ^_^

Oh, this is a good one too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Fj7wbc3Zc

y~o) + y~o)
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Gabrielman »

Ahhhh! I love this song! I don't know why I didn't think of it! Did you hear it on the Fish? LOL, that name for that station. See The River is 104.9 here so it's like Psalm 104.9 that talks about water. The Fish swims in the river though! I like this, but it isn't a Christian song persay.... but it is a great one and has a great meaning.
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZSp8CJLZg8&NR=1
It's from Bleach. It's called Stand Up, Be Strong. Something we could all do.
Image I thought you might like that! :ebiggrin:
Image :D some coffee together!
I'll look up some more songs in a bit.