Favorite bible verse

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

omimanordude wrote:John 9:24-25 :o

"Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.

He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see."

It is just that everything seemed so dark and meaningless before I met Christ. Now, through Him, I see. 8)
That whole passage is priceless with the Jews going back and forth with the blind man and the parents and then back to the blind man again. It cracks me up when the Jews say "What did he do to you? how did he open your eyes?" and the blind guy says "I already told you and you didn't listen, why do you want to hear it again, do you also want to be His disciple?"

Sorry, I just needed to share that. Carry on. :lol:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
omimanordude

Post by omimanordude »

FFC wrote:

"Then again called they the man that was blind, and said unto him, Give God the praise: we know that this man is a sinner.

He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see."

It is just that everything seemed so dark and meaningless before I met Christ. Now, through Him, I see. 8)
That whole passage is priceless with the Jews going back and forth with the blind man and the parents and then back to the blind man again. It cracks me up when the Jews say "What did he do to you? how did he open your eyes?" and the blind guy says "I already told you and you didn't listen, why do you want to hear it again, do you also want to be His disciple?"

Yeah FFC, thanks for that! :wink: I just wanted to add to that, if you don't mind... It seemed to me so many times before in the past, that people just doubt Jesus. I would constantly be the weekend warrior after a message, then drop back to the world. It just seemed as if everyone was against God and who His Son is. In the verse, that man almost seem to say, "Look man, I don't really know this guy named Jesus, and everyone is calling Him something, but all I know is, He gave me my sight." That was how it was for me; never 100% for God then, I always knew something happened to me when I got saved, and I never fully comprehended until now. As I grow in the Lord, this verse will be a constant favorite reminder of the kind of guy it reminds me of. 8)
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by FFC »

omimanordude wrote:
FFC wrote:

Yeah FFC, thanks for that! :wink: I just wanted to add to that, if you don't mind... It seemed to me so many times before in the past, that people just doubt Jesus. I would constantly be the weekend warrior after a message, then drop back to the world. It just seemed as if everyone was against God and who His Son is. In the verse, that man almost seem to say, "Look man, I don't really know this guy named Jesus, and everyone is calling Him something, but all I know is, He gave me my sight." That was how it was for me; never 100% for God then, I always knew something happened to me when I got saved, and I never fully comprehended until now. As I grow in the Lord, this verse will be a constant favorite reminder of the kind of guy it reminds me of. 8)
Hey omi,
One more observation. It seems ironic to me that although the Religious Jews and the blind man were both getting the same data regarding Jesus, they both came to completely different conclusions in the end. I don't know if that made sense but it sounded right in my head. :? :lol:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
phoney
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by phoney »

This is mine
2nd Corin 10:5
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalth itself against
God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

that is one of miy fav's too!!
daddyman2001
Newbie Member

Re: Favorite bible verse

Post by daddyman2001 »

Phil 4:4 - 4:9

4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Enigma7457
Valued Member
Christian: No

Post by Enigma7457 »

Proverbs 30:7-9

7Two things I ask of you, O Lord; do not refuse me before I die: 8Keep falshood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. 9Otherwise, I may have to much and disown you and say, 'Who is the Lord?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.
akl
Newbie Member

Post by akl »

This one has helped me a lot...

Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

That along with "God has not given us a spirit of fear...", has really helped me of late
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Harry12345
Valued Member

Post by Harry12345 »

I like John 3:16. ;) Cliche, I know, but it sums up Christianity in one sentance!
If you're born once, you die twice; but if you're born twice, you die once.
Deborah_mac
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Deborah_mac »

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
Church tradition tells us that when John, son of Zebadee and brother of James was an old man, his disciples would carry him to church in their arms.
He would simply say, “Little children, love one another”
After a time his disciples wearied at always hearing these same words and asked “Master why do you always say this?
He replied, “it is the Lords command, and if done, it is enough”
For_Narniaaa
Established Member

Post by For_Narniaaa »

This is a hard question! But my absolute most favorite has to be this one, because there is so much power and promise ringing in it:

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life....He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon."
Amen. Come, Lord Jesus."

Revelation 22:17,20
:amen:
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Re:

Post by cslewislover »

phoney wrote:This is mine
2nd Corin 10:5
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against
God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
That's a really great one that should be constantly on the mind. This is one of my favorites (and I think I used it in another thread as well):

"My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise" (Psalm 51:17).
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
StarGazer
Newbie Member

Post by StarGazer »

Deborah_mac wrote:1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
Amen.

But in the end,it all sums up to "love thy neighbor"..which Is by far my favourite bible AND overall quote of all time.

Simple,clean,and true.

I've imbued that saying into my heart since the first day I heard of it.I'le always love people,even if I may get ticked from time to time!
Lol.