Biochip=Mark of the Beast?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Mystical
Valued Member

Biochip=Mark of the Beast?

Post by Mystical »

Been having alot of discussions on whether the biochip is the Mark of the Beast. Thought it was until I read this. Any thoughts?

Is the biochip the Mark of the Beast?
numeral2_5
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by numeral2_5 »

Nope.
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion."
-Abe Lincoln
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

Nope, what?
As kids we were all told in kindergarten that when a frog becomes a prince, that is a fairy tale. But when I was in high school and college, they told us that when a frog becomes a prince, that is science! --Mark Cahill (One Heartbeat Away)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Wouldn't it simply be much easier to say the mark resembles those who have sided against God, and that God simply knows who have this mark by looking at the hearts of people?

Kurieuo
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

I don't know, it might be easier. :) But, if only God would know, how could the mark stop people from buying food, etc.? Biochip sounded alot like it until I read the article. Now I'm not too sure.
As kids we were all told in kindergarten that when a frog becomes a prince, that is a fairy tale. But when I was in high school and college, they told us that when a frog becomes a prince, that is science! --Mark Cahill (One Heartbeat Away)
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

One would assume that if the biochip is highly suspected by many to be the future-mark-of-the-beast, they should, i dont know, stop the biochip from ever being produced/used.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Sugaaa

Check this out. Should answer this prety well...

http://www.reformed.org/eschaton/beast.html
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

thank you...

I have been thinking of taking the preterist view, as long as they dont go against some beliefs I hold firmly to... I will continue researching.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

SUGAAAAA wrote:thank you...

I have been thinking of taking the preterist view, as long as they dont go against some beliefs I hold firmly to... I will continue researching.
Great. I have some books I can recommend if you like. Just beware, there is a heretical form of hyper-preterism that teaches that everything, including the Second Advent, the Resurrection, and the Final Judgment have already taken place.

Also, I have some great books in PDF format that I can send you. They are too big to upload here.

God Bless,

PL
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

I still don't see how Nero fit all the qualifications of the antichrist. There was no mark associated with him. Nothing.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

Mystical,

What is "antichrist" according to the scriptures? (You won't findthe word "antichrist" in the Book of Revelation".)

The mark was no more literal than the binding of the law to the forehead and hands was in Deut. 6:6-8. Nero, by definition, was certainly an antuchrist, but more specifically, he was the beast.

A.) The Beast is the 4th Kingdom (Daniel 7:7,23). Let's Count...

1.) Babylonian
2.) Medo-Persian
3.) Macedonian
4.) Roman

B.) Nero is the 6th Roman Emperor (Rev. 17:10)

1.) Julius
2.) Augustus
3.) Tiberius
4.) Caligula
5.) Claudius
6.) Nero
7.) Galba (short time - killed after 6 month in office)

C.) Nero demanded worship (Rev. 13:6).

D.) Nero made war with the saints for a period of 42 months (a few months after the Great Fire in Rome in 64 AD until his suicide in 68 AD.) - (Rev. 13:5,7)

E.) Nero killed with the sword (Paul) and was killed by the sword (He committed suicide with the help of his secretary by cutting his throat) - (Rev. 13:10).

F.) The number (Hebrew Gematria) of Nero's name is Six Hundred and Sixty Six.

Nero Caesar
Hebrew nrwn qsr = 666

Also considering the fact that John was writing Revelation to seven first century churches (Rev. 1:4) about "things which must shortly take place" (Rev. 1:1), were "near" (Rev. 1:3), and were "about to come upon all the world" (Rev. 3:10), who else would even be a candidate?

Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

puritan lad,

I know. Alot of the stuff you say makes sense. That's why I'm asking. However, I can't get past the "mark" and the "those who do not bear the mark will be unable to buy" part, or the "miracles" part. Him not fitting these, how do you explain that?
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by puritan lad »

Those who did not recognize the diety of the Roman state were ostracized from the market place, plundered by tax collectors, and persecuted even unto death. Those who participated in Caesar worship were branded with his mark. Those who worshipped the true God were branded with God's mark (Revelation 14:1). The marks are not literal.

SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

send me the PDF books, Puritan.

Just how many forms of Preterism are there?
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

Cool. Just two more questions: How about the miracles? And isn't the "antichrist" supposed to stand in some temple and declare he is God?