unable to stand a test of god

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Anonymous

unable to stand a test of god

Post by Anonymous »

Is it a sin to give up on life if you can no longer tolerate the tests that god puts you through. For example if you loose your job, car etc and become homeless and never loose your faith in god but your body and mind are to weak to continue so you lay down in the snow die. Another example would be if Job decided he couldent take it anymore and starved to death, kind of tieing back to the passage that says if you are hungry you will work to eat, what if Job were tired of loosing everything and was too weak mentally to keep living after the devil was finished with him, and I realize that the devil was not allowed to kill him but what if he could not deal with the aftermath and just quit. Kinda like the old saying there is only so much crap someone can take, god knows what your limitations are so if someone is pushed that far is it just his will for that person to die.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

1 Cor. 10:13 sheds a bit of light on this. As the NASB says it:
  • and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
So in answer to your question, I would think it would be sin. It would show a lack of faith in God, and it proves that you would be trying to do things in your own strength rather than giving these things to Him. As Jesus said, there is no reason to worry, because God will take care of all our needs. Yes, it gets hard, but those are the times we should get a big smile on our faces and say, "Hey, it's God's problem, not mine!" :D
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Hi rppearso,

I believe it is wrong for I think we are joint owners of our body with God (i.e., God does since He created us, and we do since God gave our bodies to us). Yet, you might find comfort (as I have) in knowing the Apostle Paul felt in a similarly to you, however his thoughts led him to believe he must stay here to be God's light for others (which we as Christians are called to do).

To quote Paul's words:
20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, 26so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me. (Philippians 1:20-26)
Kurieuo.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

That was a great quote and sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is hard to see but it is always there with god. Thank you for the help