The US NEVER Went To The Moon

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: The US NEVER Went To The Moon

Post by Stu »

DBowling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:27 am
Stu wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:46 am But I would like you and DB in turn to honestly look into this very simple yet highly conclusive proof of a flat earth. How do you in anyway explain this on a globe earth.
Here you go...
https://flatearthinsanity.blogspot.com/ ... dence.html

Jon later admits
I am neither in allegiance with "flat earth believers" nor opposed to "globe earth believers". I am simply a neutral arbiter. If you do not believe this then please hear me when I say that my observation and video PROVE NOTHING. That is the end of all potential argument and debate with me. The work I did is riddled with potential for inaccuracies but at least I got off my duff and went out and did the work instead of fighting endlessly in front of my computer, which leads absolutely NOWHERE.
Now your turn

Here is a video of a sailboat going over the horizon
... One... More... Time...

Go to 2:30 where you clearly see only the sail of the boat poking up out of the water (so this is not a 'zoom' issue as you falsely claim).

Click on the link below to start the video at 2:30 so everyone here can plainly see what I am talking about
https://youtu.be/70nZ4n_l9ao?t=153

You have yet to answer a very simple question.
At the 2:30 mark...
Where is the bottom of the boat?
The bottom of the boat has reached the limit of what the human eye can perceive, as this guy says it's scientific name is called angular resolution.

Here is a video that demonstrates that with a bottle on a flat road. There are other videos that demonstrate the exact same thing with people walking away and their legs disappear on a flat road but obviously they don't at that short distance. You can perform this very experiment yourself.

Start the video at 1:22:40.

Here is the same thing except with people walking. Their legs appear to be below the curve but again it's angular resolution. Zoom in and they are in full view.

Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
DBowling
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DBowling »

Stu wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:09 am
Stu wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:46 am But I would like you and DB in turn to honestly look into this very simple yet highly conclusive proof of a flat earth. How do you in anyway explain this on a globe earth.
Here you go...

Jon later admits
I am neither in allegiance with "flat earth believers" nor opposed to "globe earth believers". I am simply a neutral arbiter. If you do not believe this then please hear me when I say that my observation and video PROVE NOTHING. That is the end of all potential argument and debate with me. The work I did is riddled with potential for inaccuracies but at least I got off my duff and went out and did the work instead of fighting endlessly in front of my computer, which leads absolutely NOWHERE.
Now your turn

Go to 2:30 where you clearly see only the sail of the boat poking up out of the water (so this is not a 'zoom' issue as you falsely claim).

Click on the link below to start the video at 2:30 so everyone here can plainly see what I am talking about

The bottom of the boat has reached the limit of what the human eye can perceive, as this guy says it's scientific name is called angular resolution.
Two problems with your assertion...
1. These are images from a camera that is zoomed in on the boat (not the human eye)
2. I think we would agree that the top of the boat is the same distance from the camera as the bottom of the boat.
So if the top sail of the boat is clearly visible through the zoom lens, the bottom of the boat should also be equally visible through the same zoom lens.

Try again...
Hint: as you watch the video from 1:30 to 2:30 you see the bottom of the boat gradually disappear as it goes over the horizon.
While the top of the boat remains clearly visible the whole time.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

DBowling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:18 am
Stu wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:09 am
Here you go...

Jon later admits
Now your turn

Two problems with your assertion...
1. These are images from a camera that is zoomed in on the boat (not the human eye)
2. I think we would agree that the top of the boat is the same distance from the camera as the bottom of the boat.
So if the top sail of the boat is clearly visible through the zoom lens, the bottom of the boat should also be equally visible through the same zoom lens.

Try again...
Hint: as you watch the video from 1:30 to 2:30 you see the bottom of the boat gradually disappear as it goes over the horizon.
While the top of the boat remains clearly visible the whole time.
Do the people's legs go over the horizon too?

What about the bottle that was filmed and the bottom disappeared, horizon?

It is just not penetrating your brain because you are stuck. Let me try.

When a camera is FULLY zoomed in that is like the limitation of our eyes, angular resolution, we, or a camera lose the ability to see further, THAT is why your boat appears to go over the horizon, but it doesn't if it could zoom in further it would bring the boat back into full view as has been demonstrated over and over at distances where the horizon should obscure its view but it doesn't when zoomed in.

Did you watch the video, it's pretty clear from that what angular resolution is, what don't you understand....
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Stu wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:09 am Here is the same thing except with people walking. Their legs appear to be below the curve but again it's angular resolution. Zoom in and they are in full view.
No this is not the same thing...
I have a video that stays zoomed in on the boat as the bottom of the boat gradually disappears as the boat goes over the horizon.
All your videos play games with zooming in and zooming out.
My video stays zoomed in on the boat the whole time as it approaches and then goes over the horizon.

Your picture is an image not a video.
Give me a video that starts with the feet showing and then shows the feet and bottom of the legs slowly disappearing.
Then we can have a discussion about where their feet went.

I don't think this is an issue of angular resolution, but I won't know for sure without some sort of context for the image.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Stu wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:09 am Here is the same thing except with people walking. Their legs appear to be below the curve but again it's angular resolution. Zoom in and they are in full view.
I have a video that stays zoomed in on the boat as the bottom of the boat gradually disappears as the boat goes over the horizon.
My video stays zoomed in on the boat the whole time as it approaches and then goes over the horizon.

Give me a video that starts with the feet showing and then shows the feet and bottom of the legs slowly disappearing.

I don't think your image has anything to do with angular resolution, but I won't know for sure without some sort of context for the image.
My initial guess is that the road is not truly flat.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:50 am Stu,

It took all of 60 seconds to find this.
Long story short: the measurements are wrong, his location was wrong (shows view from Tennent mountain but was actually closer to Frying Pan mountain near Grassy Cove), his altitude was wrong, his camera was tilted, and once corrected everything lines up as expected and shows pretty good evidence of Earth's curvature.
I just noticed we both found the same site.
But you beat me to it :oops:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:08 am

Long story short: the measurements are wrong, his location was wrong (shows view from Tennent mountain but was actually closer to Frying Pan mountain near Grassy Cove), his altitude was wrong, his camera was tilted, and once corrected everything lines up as expected and shows pretty good evidence of Earth's curvature.
What’s funny is that we both found the same site, in a simple search, yet Stu didn’t take the time to check to see if his point was refuted, before posting.

I found the site in less than a minute with a simple google search. At least the person who made the argument in stu’s Link admitted his errors. There may be hope after all!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:24 am
DBowling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:08 am

What’s funny is that we both found the same site, in a simple search, yet Stu didn’t take the time to check to see if his point was refuted, before posting.
There wouldn't be much for him to post if he did that...

Every single flat earth lie that I have bothered to chase to ground has been easily refuted by a simple internet search.

And yet still unexplained are the thousands and thousands of videos and photos from different countries, organizations, satellites, space craft, and space stations that all show the earth is a globe.
The conspiracy theory that the US, China, Russia, Japan, the EU, India, and any other country capable of recording images and videos of the earth from space were able to coordinate thousands and thousands of fake images and videos to all show the same thing is simply absurd.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

DBowling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:50 am

I don't think this is an issue of angular resolution, but I won't know for sure without some sort of context for the image.
Oh come on, I gave you a video that showed the exact same thing but using a bottle on a flat road.
Did you watch that video or did you ignore it????

It showed the exact same thing with your boat as with the bottom of the bottle. Angular resolution.
I suggest you watch it and not boast about debunking something while ignoring the very thing that debunks your boat.

Wow, you really are not getting it.

Let me make it very simple.

The earth curves at 8 inches per mile squared. At some point the boats are supposed to go over the curve. It has nothing to do with zooming in and out, it has to do with DISTANCE. Do you get it. At some point according to the earths supposed curvature the boat will go over the curve zoom or no zoom. However what we see when the boats go beyond a point where the horizon is supposed to be, they are still brought back by zoom. Your brain can't compute that even though it is clear as day for all to see.

The videos I've shown you in the past of zooming in on boats are of MANY miles out, beyond the horizon. Got it?? And yet they are still brought into focus even though they are beyond the horizon.

Now address the video of the bottle at 1:22:40 and see how it is the exact same effect as your boat.

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Stu wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:57 am

Oh come on, I gave you a video that showed the exact same thing but using a bottle on a flat road.

It showed the exact same thing with your boat as with the bottom of the bottle. Angular resolution.
I suggest you watch it and not boast about debunking something while ignoring the very thing that debunks your boat.

You are wrong... yet again...
Let me make it very simple for you and point out some specific differences in our two videos.

In my video, the boat is travelling on water away from the camera.
The camera stays zoomed in on boat the whole time (no zooming in and zooming out)
As the boat approaches the horizon, the bottom of the boat gradually disappears while the top of the boat is clearly visible. And the camera stays zoomed in on the boat the whole time.

In your video, the bottle never moves.
In your video, the bottle never approaches the horizon,
In your video the camera does not stay zoomed in on the bottle the whole time (instead it zooms in and out)

So there is nothing at all similar between your bottle video and my boat video.
The only thing that has been debunked is your false assertion that any of your videos are the "exact same thing" as my video of the boat going over the horizon.

I guess another possibility is you just don't understand what "exact same thing" really means.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu,

Just look at my post #243. When you realize that there’s no possible answer to #2 in my post, you’ll see how silly your perpetuation of flat earth lies really is.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DBowling wrote:
There wouldn't be much for him to post if he did that...

Every single flat earth lie that I have bothered to chase to ground has been easily refuted by a simple internet search.

And yet still unexplained are the thousands and thousands of videos and photos from different countries, organizations, satellites, space craft, and space stations that all show the earth is a globe.
The conspiracy theory that the US, China, Russia, Japan, the EU, India, and any other country capable of recording images and videos of the earth from space were able to coordinate thousands and thousands of fake images and videos to all show the same thing is simply absurd.
Exactly!

Everything he’s posted has already been refuted. All it takes is a simple google search to see.

There’s not a single flat earth lie that hasn’t been debunked.

-Edward R Murrow

DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

RickD wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:46 am Stu,

Just look at my post #243. When you realize that there’s no possible answer to #2 in my post, you’ll see how silly your perpetuation of flat earth lies really is.
I don't think truth and reality are likely to change Stu's mind on this...

But for anyone else following this thread, Rick makes an excellent point.
Here's a little refresher...
RickD wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:15 am Stu,
I’d like you to ponder this...using your example of a flat earth map(shown below), we have 2 different Antarctic bases shown by black circles on the map. Palmer Station is located in the approximate area of the black circle at the bottom, and is 992km south of Cape Horn. Mcmurdo Station is located in the approximate area of the black circle at the top of the map, and is 3920km south of Christchurch New Zealand. Those distances are both facts.
So, given that info, I need some answers.
1) how can Palmer Station be located directly south of Cape Horn, and Mcmurdo Station be directly south of Christchurch, and the two bases are located on almost completely opposite sides of the map? In other words, how can South be two almost opposite directions?
2) on the summer solstice, December 21, both Palmer Station, and Mcmurdo Station have 24 hours of daylight. Given your flat earth map, and the way that the sun circles around, how can there be 24 hours of daylight in two places on almost opposite sides of the map, at the same time, while the Arctic Circle in Alaska has 24 hours of darkness? Notice that if you draw a straight line from Mcmurdo station to Palmer Station, the Arctic Circle in Alaska is located almost directly within that line. For reference, the sun on your map is at the top. So again, with the sun being at the top of the map, how can sunlight get to the bottom of the map, and the top of the map, simultaneously for 24 hours, while sunlight doesn’t reach the arctic circle, and still have the sun rotate around the flat earth map?

Stu,

It’s obvious that you cannot explain this, because of the absurdity of it actually happening. But hopefully, you will actually think about this and finally throw away your flat earth insanity.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

DBowling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:16 am
Stu wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:57 am

You are wrong... yet again...
Let me make it very simple for you and point out some specific differences in our two videos.

The camera stays zoomed in on boat the whole time (no zooming in and zooming out)
As the boat approaches the horizon, the bottom of the boat gradually disappears while the top of the boat is clearly visible. And the camera stays zoomed in on the boat the whole time.

In your video the camera does not stay zoomed in on the bottle the whole time (instead it zooms in and out)

The only thing that has been debunked is your false assertion that any of your videos are the "exact same thing" as my video of the boat going over the horizon.

I guess another possibility is you just don't understand what "exact same thing" really means.
Wow, ok, the reason your boat goes over the "horizon" is because the camera is FULLY ZOOMED in, it cannot zoom in any further. Hence ANGULAR RESOLUTION.

If you take a camera that is not fully zoomed in and watch it go over the supposed horizon (there should be no way you can bring back a boat once it goes over the horizon zoom or no zoom) you will be able to bring it back into focus if you zoom in. This has been done over and over. This is not a zoom trick as you like to say as you should not be able to bring back the boat into full view once it has gone out several miles and over the horizon.
DBowling
Ultimate Member

Post by DBowling »

Stu wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:43 pm
DBowling wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:16 am Let me make it very simple for you and point out some specific differences in our two videos.

Wow, ok, the reason your boat goes over the "horizon" is because the camera is FULLY ZOOMED in, it cannot zoom in any further. Hence ANGULAR RESOLUTION.
Wow right back at you...
You really have no clue what you are talking about do you?
Do you even know what "angular resolution" is?
Angular resolution describes the ability of any image-forming device such as an optical or radio telescope, a microscope, a camera, or an eye, to distinguish small details of an object, thereby making it a major determinant of image resolution.
Angular resolution involves the ability of an image forming device to enhance image resolution (ie focus or zoom in) on an object.

So let's try again.
The reason angular resolution has nothing to do with the boat video is...
The... camera... stays... zoomed... in... on... the... boat... the... whole... time...

No zooming in and out... the boat is visible the whole time...
Until the bottom of the boat disappears as the boat goes over the horizon and the camera loses line of site with the bottom of the boat.

This is the reason why NONE of your videos are the "exact same thing" as the video of the boat going over the horizon.
Your videos all zoom in and zoom out and the "resolution" of the image changes dramatically as the camera zooms in and zooms out.

In the video of the boat going over the horizon The camera stays zoomed in on the boat and the boat is clearly visible the whole time.