1968 Prophacy

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

1968 Prophacy

Post by B. W. »

I stumbled across this:

A verified 1968 prophecy by 90 year old Norwegian Woman concerning signs of the last days

same 1968 word from another article

I found this interesting in the light of current events...

Comments?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Re: 1968 Prophacy

Post by SoCalExile »

Any proof it's actually from 1968?
God's grace is not cheap; it's free.
IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Post by IceMobster »

The first 3 could have been (easily?) predicted. Don't know about the 4th one.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
JButler
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

Valdres, Norway. Some of my not so distant ancestors are from Valdres but I have no idea who this particular lady is. Interesting. y:-?
The Third World War will begin in a way no one would have anticipated—and from an unexpected place.
WW1 is a textbook example of an obscure event in an obscure place can suck in so many nations and so quickly. :shock:
People from poor countries will stream to Europe. (In 1968 there was no such thing as immigration. —E. Minos.) They will also come to Scandinavia and Norway. There will be so many of them that people will begin to dislike them and become hard with them.
That's already happening. Europeans are fed up with the islamic attitude towards their generosity. The alert Europeans can see where this is all headed, its no secret because the islamists have laid out their agenda for all to see. Europe will either have to submit or descend into war, or at very least harsh measures to ensure the survival of their cultures.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

My first question would be how do you know the vision is of the Lord? What validates this lady to have been a modern prophet? Was she given miraculous signs, as were the apostles and the prophets before them, to show that her words were not just her own? I think we can all see that the most recent world order is crumbling. But it's long been crumbling, in various ways, to various degrees. Every time someone says they've been given a vision from God - well, I want to see validation of that. If all she says come perfectly true, then we'll know, eh? And a lot of what she says is very broadly described.
HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by HappyFlappyTheist »

Her predictions struck me as incredibly vague, inevitable and subjective.

-Of course the next generation is going to be 'less moral' from the eyes of the older.

-Norway not militarily prepared? Shocking. When was the last time Norway was subdued in an extremely short period of time...oh wait...

-Western Europe being subdued by a greater power from the east? Where else have I heard this in the 60's y:-?

-Less religion in the future? Not exactly supernatural foresight coming from a person living in a Western European country in the mid-20th century.

-Short, terrible, 3rd world war? I'd like to see a prophecy that doesn't have WW3 as short.

-Rise of "happy Christianity?" Well, the happy-Jesus movement more or less took root in the 70's. Again, not exactly supernatural foresight.

Reminds me of the wacko-bird who had the "Our Lady of Roses" vision: she sounds like a cranky oldie bitter about those dang yungins screwing up her country/religion.
pulvis sum