Aliens

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Aliens

Post by RickD »

melanie wrote:
RickD wrote:
melanie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Melanie wrote:
The soul purpose of me posting was regarding the alien agenda but from what I have seen from the character of the men on here, I think I will choose to not throw my pearls infront of pigs, so to speak.
I'm fairly new to English language. Please explain this English idiom to me.
I was quoting a small phrase taken from scripture
Matthew 7:6
''Don't give that which is holy to the dogs, neither throw your pearls before pigs, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces"
Quite fitting don't you think.
I'm familiar with that one. I was actually referring to "soul purpose". Now I know "sole purpose" means only purpose. But does soul purpose have a spiritual meaning? :mrgreen:
Geez mate over a spelling mistake?? This is what concerns me of the character of some on here. It is fickle and verging on nasty and completely unnecessary. But clearly that is how you get your kicks from your emoticon that followed
Melanie,

Like Dan said, it was a joke. I realized it was just a mistake with the word you used. And since you're new here, I even used a :mrgreen: after my post to show you I was joking. I like to joke a lot because I think it lightens things up a little here. Sometimes people seem stressed out, so joking helps them relax a little, and hopefully put a smile on their face.

Now that you know me, you'll be able to see when I'm joking. :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
Stu wrote:So about those aliens... :p
An alien is a being not of this world.
So, by the definition, angels ( fallen or otherwise) are aliens.
So are Canadians...
Yes, its true, Canadian are angelic beings :twisted:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
So are Canadians...
I was thinking more like the fallen variety. :mrgreen:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

melanie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Melanie wrote:
The soul purpose of me posting was regarding the alien agenda but from what I have seen from the character of the men on here, I think I will choose to not throw my pearls infront of pigs, so to speak.
''Don't give that which is holy to the dogs, neither throw your pearls before pigs, lest perhaps they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces"
Yeah, that's not arrogant or presumptions at all.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
RickD wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
So are Canadians...
I was thinking more like the fallen variety. :mrgreen:
Only when we are off our meds.
Or we disagree with someone else dogma.
8-}2
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Rick, I have to update the word censoring.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

melanie wrote:
neo-x wrote:
melanie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Melanie wrote:
The love and grace towards others, you displayed in this post, reminds me so much of Christ.
As does your sarcasm, Jesus spoke these words with an intent. The way in which I treat people is the most significant and important part of who I am. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, is the mantra in which I live by, and the main most important lesson I teach my children. I try everyday to bring some sunshine to everyone I come across, unfortuantely some people just prefer the rain.

Hmmm, no, you do not treat others as you want to be treated. I would never call you a swine for asking a simple questions regarding clarifying what I actually believe and from there have an actual honest discussion.

No one is picking on you. From your tone it can be derived that you have much suspicion and 2'nd guessing going on in your mind so much so that it maybe sabotaging your relationships. I can be quite snarky myself if you would like equal treatment but I will not for now. You speak of the Father and only the Father and a few of us would like to know how you define who the Father is, Who the Son is, Who the Holy Spirit is.

In fact Ezra 1:1, 5 make mention of an important principle that human persons have a spirit.

In Fact please note this too

1 John 4:1-3, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God... " NKJV

The Apostle Paul writes concerning Christ

Titus 2:13, "looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus" NASB

What the Apostle John speaks of is the God came in human flesh - Jesus Christ and since he did, that would by your own definition of person makes God - a person...

Why would this be offensive to you and justify calling folks swine? no one is attacking you. No is is poking fun at you. Please read these verse as well too...

John 14:9,10, "Jesus *said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works...." NASB

No matter how you slice and dice it - God is a person. So with all due respect, why is that so personally offensive to you?

Jesus was God manifested in the flesh and thus a person according to your own definition of person, can you see that?

We human beings have a spirit and even though we do, we are our own person... Can you see that?

These are simple questions with no ill will or intent at all.

Have a nice day :wave:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Seraph
Christian: No

Post by Seraph »

Life almost certainly does exist on other planets. Even if it's true that life on a given planet only has around a one in a 10 trillion chance of occurring through abiogenesis, there is probably at least 100 quintillion different planets in the universe. Life on other planets is rare and sparse from our perspective, probably with no other life forms in our galaxy, however on the scale of the universe as a whole, I'll bet life is quite abundant.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Seraph wrote:Life almost certainly does exist on other planets. Even if it's true that life on a given planet only has around a one in a 10 trillion chance of occurring through abiogenesis, there is probably at least 100 quintillion different planets in the universe. Life on other planets is rare and sparse from our perspective, probably with no other life forms in our galaxy, however on the scale of the universe as a whole, I'll bet life is quite abundant.
I would agree with you that there is life out there not sure about abiogenesis but I think there is life out there too. What form or shape, we do not know. Are they un-fallen beings or fallen - we do not know... the rest is speculation.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Seraph wrote:Life almost certainly does exist on other planets. Even if it's true that life on a given planet only has around a one in a 10 trillion chance of occurring through abiogenesis, there is probably at least 100 quintillion different planets in the universe. Life on other planets is rare and sparse from our perspective, probably with no other life forms in our galaxy, however on the scale of the universe as a whole, I'll bet life is quite abundant.
A one in 10 trillion chance that life can come from non-life?

-Edward R Murrow

Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Sure, why not.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote:
A one in 10 trillion chance that life can come from non-life?
For evolutionists those are considered good odds :p
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Given that the number if stars in the universe is probably in the septillions, those ARE good odds :p
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Seraph wrote:Sure, why not.
Maybe because everything we know tells us the odds are zero that life comes from non-life.

Where did you get the one in 10 trillion odds? Is it a really high number just to make it sound more plausible?

-Edward R Murrow

Seraph

Post by Seraph »

RickD wrote: Maybe because everything we know tells us the odds are zero that life comes from non-life.
You have no idea if thats true or not. Any neurologist will tell you that as science has gone on, the human mind has appeared progressively less mystical and mysterious, and more like the mind is a product of brain functions. If this weren't true, how could mind altering drugs work? If the mind is largely physical brain functions, it's not difficult to imagine that not living components could form a simple non sentient form of life that is much less complex that the human brain, and that over a very long time that simple life would become what we are today.
RckD wrote:Where did you get the one in 10 trillion odds? Is it a really high number just to make it sound more plausible?
I was being generous to the creationists by selecting a large number as a theoretical figure. Afterall it's always the creationists who exclaim that life could not have arose naturally because the chances of life on Earth arising (I assume they mean through abiogenesis) are so slim. In fact thats a major foundation of the entire God and Science website.