Non-believers after the Rapture

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Non-believers after the Rapture

Post by Stu »

Got a question relating to the Rapture.

After the Rapture occurs -- will non-believers still be able to convert and accept Jesus?
Or at what point will it be too late?

Thinking about friends and family here. Also not sure I would want to be taken up, as I would rather stay behind and fight for them. Kinda feel I owe that much for all the crap I've done over the years :)
Or am I understanding this all wrong; and once the rapture occurs it's game over.

Can anyone recommend any good books (apart from the "Good Book" itself :D) that provide some good insights into the events of the end times?

Check out the bold bit below from this page (The End Times Prophecies of the Prophet Daniel):
There is a difference, however. Unlike unbelieving Israel, the Church - which is composed of both Jewish and Gentile believers in Israel's Messiah - will be delivered before the final outpouring of the wrath of God (1 Thessalonians 5:9), since the Church is not part of the transgression or the indignation (Daniel 8:12, 19, Daniel 9:24-27). This deliverance will come at the bodily return of Jesus Christ just after the midpoint of the 70th Week.

Here is the exciting part for believers. At the height of the Antichrist's persecution, Jesus will come in the clouds, snatch up His children, and take them to safety in heaven (Matthew 24:30-31, John 14:2, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, 1 Corinthians. 15:52) while the rest of the world watches in wonder:

"For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain [after the Great Tribulation] until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord" (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17).

This is what is commonly called "the rapture of the Church," and has been the subject of many books and movies, including the popular Left Behind book series and movie by the same name.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
1harpazo
Recognized Member

Re: Non-believers after the Rapture

Post by 1harpazo »

Stu wrote:Got a question relating to the Rapture.

After the Rapture occurs -- will non-believers still be able to convert and accept Jesus?
Or at what point will it be too late?

Thinking about friends and family here. Also not sure I would want to be taken up, as I would rather stay behind and fight for them. Kinda feel I owe that much for all the crap I've done over the years :)
Or am I understanding this all wrong; and once the rapture occurs it's game over.

Can anyone recommend any good books (apart from the "Good Book" itself :D) that provide some good insights into the events of the end times?

Check out the bold bit below from this page (The End Times Prophecies of the Prophet Daniel):
There is a difference, however. Unlike unbelieving Israel, the Church - which is composed of both Jewish and Gentile believers in Israel's Messiah - will be delivered before the final outpouring of the wrath of God (1 Thessalonians 5:9), since the Church is not part of the transgression or the indignation (Daniel 8:12, 19, Daniel 9:24-27). This deliverance will come at the bodily return of Jesus Christ just after the midpoint of the 70th Week.

Here is the exciting part for believers. At the height of the Antichrist's persecution, Jesus will come in the clouds, snatch up His children, and take them to safety in heaven (Matthew 24:30-31, John 14:2, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17, 1 Corinthians. 15:52) while the rest of the world watches in wonder:

"For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain [after the Great Tribulation] until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord" (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17).

This is what is commonly called "the rapture of the Church," and has been the subject of many books and movies, including the popular Left Behind book series and movie by the same name.
Hi Stu.

I too believe that the rapture will occur right after the great tribulation period that is inside the 70th week of Daniel. In fact, Jesus will cut the great tribulation short when He returns to call all believers to Himself and then pour out His wrath and vengeance on those who remain (Matt 24:29).

To answer your question, I believe that once the Church (all believers) is removed, God's judgment begins. No one will be saved once His judgment begins. In Noah's day, once the rain began to fall, no one was saved (Gen 6:17, Luke 17:26). When Lot left Sodom, and the fire and brimstone rained down on Sodom and Gomorrah no one was saved (Gen 19:23-25, Luke 17:28). When Jesus returns and the wrath of the Lamb begins no one will be saved (Luke 17:30).

While the Church is inside the 70th week, it will be blessed and protected by God to the point where many, many unbelievers will convert because of the Church's witness. It will be a time for believers to reflect the glory of God and to share Jesus with loved ones, friends and strangers. Look around-churches and individuals are beginning to share the gospel once again! God is preparing us for the greatest time of evangelism that is coming.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

1harpazo wrote:Hi Stu.

I too believe that the rapture will occur right after the great tribulation period that is inside the 70th week of Daniel. In fact, Jesus will cut the great tribulation short when He returns to call all believers to Himself and then pour out His wrath and vengeance on those who remain (Matt 24:29).

To answer your question, I believe that once the Church (all believers) is removed, God's judgment begins. No one will be saved once His judgment begins. In Noah's day, once the rain began to fall, no one was saved (Gen 6:17, Luke 17:26). When Lot left Sodom, and the fire and brimstone rained down on Sodom and Gomorrah no one was saved (Gen 19:23-25, Luke 17:28). When Jesus returns and the wrath of the Lamb begins no one will be saved (Luke 17:30).
Thanks man, just what I was after.
So we have quite a bit of time leading up to the rapture to share the word. I ask because certain folks I know are very hard-headed (just like I was) and so with some instead of preaching outright I simply the sow seeds accounting for future events.

I also don't think we should get too comfortable in our understanding of just when the 7 year period will begin or end; and so get caught out unawares. Things might be going on behind "closed doors" that we are unaware of.
While the Church is inside the 70th week, it will be blessed and protected by God to the point where many, many unbelievers will convert because of the Church's witness. It will be a time for believers to reflect the glory of God and to share Jesus with loved ones, friends and strangers. Look around-churches and individuals are beginning to share the gospel once again! God is preparing us for the greatest time of evangelism that is coming.
I agree; more and more you find either people on both sides are devout in their beliefs, be it Christianity or atheism.

Ok I just checked Wiki, and it seems I was referring to a "pretribulationists" viewpoint.
Pretribulationists believe that all Christians (dead and alive) will be taken bodily up to Heaven (called the Rapture) before the Tribulation begins.[4][5][6] According to this belief, every true Christian that has ever existed throughout the course of the entire Christian era will be instantaneously transformed into a perfect resurrected body, and will thus escape the trials of the Tribulation. Those who become Christians after the rapture will live through (or perish during) the Tribulation. After the Tribulation, Christ will return to establish His Millennial Kingdom.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
seveneyes
Recognized Member

Post by seveneyes »

You know, in Zechariah, the day of the lord happens when Jerusalem is surrounded. The rapture event along with wrath are all completed within the coming in the clouds event itself. The unbelievers die, and kill eachother when they see the Lord come. After this event," All things are made new."

I think that there is a party line view that this earth will continue business as usual after the coming of the Lord and wrath. I do not see this in scripture. In fact I see that where our inheritance is, is a place where there is no moon or sun. Think of that. We look forward to a millennial rein in a New heaven and earth where there is no sun, or moon. I think that directly the verse in rev 22 says that we will have no need for the moon or sun because God is the light and the lamb the lamp, but in other areas of the scripture we see that the earth will be destroyed and we look forward to a new heaven and new earth -the home of righteousness-.(2 peter) The only thing that the scripture says about those still on the earth after Christ comes is in revelation: "The rest of the DEAD did not come to life again for a thousand years..." -The Bible only speaks of the dead concerning the unsaved and of believers who were raised imperishable. In Zechariah it speaks about life after Christs return yet we have to be careful if we want take all things literally in those passages because if we do, we get a conflict. We can see parallels in other scriptures to help us navigate Zechariahs words, so we need to do that to get a clear view of the whole.
Last edited by seveneyes on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seveneyes
Recognized Member

Post by seveneyes »

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night in which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise and the elements shall melt with fervent heat; the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness.
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.