The Occult

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Ant
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

The Occult

Post by Ant »

Most people don't know this, but the word "occult" actually means hidden from the eye or understanding.

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.o ... s/occulted

Most people assume that anything in the "occult" is evil, but God hides stuff too, and when God hides stuff it is also called the "occult". In fact, I think God hides stuff far more than the devil.

There's a whole lot of things that people do which are bad, and people know they are bad, but they do them anyway. There's no need to hide the fact that such things are bad, people will do them anyway.

I believe the stuff which is supernatural, is mostly a fantasy. I believe in science. If you study the occult in hopes of learning to do supernatural stuff, than you are very likely to be lead astray. In fact, if you study anything in hopes of any sort of personal gain, you are not likely to find yourself on a path toward God's wisdom.

God hides stuff so that only the pure of heart can find them. Those with greed or self interest in their heart, won't find God's wisdom. Those with closed minds or arrogance won't find God's wisdom either. Those who's minds are filled with hate won't find God's wisdom either. The occult is how God communicates to his profits. By placing little messages into all sorts of stuff.

I don't know why, but it seems when I tell people that pretty much everything in the Bible is encrypted, they disagree. Seriously, do you really understand the book of Revelations? Most stuff in the Bible is given on a need to know basis. If you don't need to know, you don't know.

Does an army tell everyone its battle plans before it goes into battle? Of course not. Likewise, God does not reveal his plans, except to those who need to know. God's plans are "occulted" or hidden from the understanding.

Sometimes God's wisdom is to be used to identify his profits. Sometimes they are instructions for his profits. Sometimes they are instructions for specific people.

Tony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: The Occult

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Seriously, do you really understand the book of Revelations?
I may not be smart enough to understand in it's entireity but i do understand how the events will transpire and that is all i really need to know.
I dont beleive that God hides the information, I think we hide it from oursleves and only when we read it with an open heart will we understand.
Matthew 13:1-9
Matthew 13:13
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

God hides stuff so that only the pure of heart can find them. Those with greed or self interest in their heart, won't find God's wisdom. Those with closed minds or arrogance won't find God's wisdom either. Those who's minds are filled with hate won't find God's wisdom either. The occult is how God communicates to his profits. By placing little messages into all sorts of stuff.

I don't know why, but it seems when I tell people that pretty much everything in the Bible is encrypted, they disagree. Seriously, do you really understand the book of Revelations? Most stuff in the Bible is given on a need to know basis. If you don't need to know, you don't know.

Does an army tell everyone its battle plans before it goes into battle? Of course not. Likewise, God does not reveal his plans, except to those who need to know. God's plans are "occulted" or hidden from the understanding.

Sometimes God's wisdom is to be used to identify his profits. Sometimes they are instructions for his profits. Sometimes they are instructions for specific people.

Tony
ahhhhhh.....how do you came by this information, was it a specific instruction from God y:-?
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Ant wrote:Sometimes God's wisdom is to be used to identify his profits. Sometimes they are instructions for his profits. Sometimes they are instructions for specific people.
That's because God's profits are the devil's losses. :ebiggrin:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
Ant wrote:Sometimes God's wisdom is to be used to identify his profits. Sometimes they are instructions for his profits. Sometimes they are instructions for specific people.
That's because God's profits are the devil's losses. :ebiggrin:
:pound: Clever, Byblos, clever.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Seriously, do you really understand the book of Revelations?
I may not be smart enough to understand in it's entireity but i do understand how the events will transpire and that is all i really need to know.
I dont beleive that God hides the information, I think we hide it from oursleves and only when we read it with an open heart will we understand.
Matthew 13:1-9
Matthew 13:13
Parables were a very common way of explaining things in 1st century Palestine.
It still is a great teaching tool.
Did some people not understand them?
Of course, even nowadays people still smoke even though on the box it says smoking will kill you.
If some people refuse to understand what is plain they will never even try to understand what is parable.
I do however think that many times Jesus' parables had deeper meaning for his apostles than they did for the everyday person, simply because He wanted them to have FULL understanding of WHO He was, WHAT He was there for and WHAT was gonna happen.