Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21644
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 1110 times

Re: Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

#106

Post by RickD » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:29 am

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:هل فقدت عقلك أيضا، جبيل؟
:pound: :pound: :pound:

And I didn't even have to google it. :wave:
I knew I was speaking your language! I just didn't know your name was Jbeil. Can I call you Jbeil? Or, just "J" for short?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 6028
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 143 times

Re: Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

#107

Post by Byblos » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:27 am

RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:هل فقدت عقلك أيضا، جبيل؟
:pound: :pound: :pound:

And I didn't even have to google it. :wave:
I knew I was speaking your language! I just didn't know your name was Jbeil. Can I call you Jbeil? Or, just "J" for short?
Lol, Rick, 'Jbeil' is the literal translation of the word 'Byblos' which is the name of the village in Lebanon where I was born (but you already knew that :wink:).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21644
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 1110 times

Re: Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

#108

Post by RickD » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:
Byblos wrote:
RickD wrote:هل فقدت عقلك أيضا، جبيل؟
:pound: :pound: :pound:

And I didn't even have to google it. :wave:
I knew I was speaking your language! I just didn't know your name was Jbeil. Can I call you Jbeil? Or, just "J" for short?
Lol, Rick, 'Jbeil' is the literal translation of the word 'Byblos' which is the name of the village in Lebanon where I was born (but you already knew that :wink:).
Thanks Jbeil. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

#109

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Thar's two manny fariners hear.

Y'all go back two war youse came frum, y'heer?

FL :guns:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

GreyDeSilvisanctis
Recognized Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:15 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: The Pearl of the Orient
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

#110

Post by GreyDeSilvisanctis » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:29 pm

At, siguro, ito na ang kahulugan o manipestasyon ng sinabi sa Bibliya na maraming mga tao sa iba't ibang wika at kultura na magsamba sa kanya sa espiritu at sa katotohanan.

I don't use this language much so I'm a bit rusty. You can use google translate to have a *rough* translation though (It's never given me a proper one in this language as far as I know).
Hmm.., Anyone? y:-?


~Grey :)
"ג Magna opera Domini, ד exquirenda omnibus, qui cupiunt ea." - Ps. 111:2 [NVV]

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth 'thrown in': aim at Earth and you will get neither." - C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Byblos
Old School
Posts: 6028
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:21 pm
Christian: Yes
Location: NY
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 143 times

Re: Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

#111

Post by Byblos » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:31 am

GreyDeSilvisanctis wrote:At, siguro, ito na ang kahulugan o manipestasyon ng sinabi sa Bibliya na maraming mga tao sa iba't ibang wika at kultura na magsamba sa kanya sa espiritu at sa katotohanan.

I don't use this language much so I'm a bit rusty. You can use google translate to have a *rough* translation though (It's never given me a proper one in this language as far as I know).
Hmm.., Anyone? y:-?


~Grey :)
And, maybe, it is the meaning or manifestation told in the Bible that many people with different languages and cultures that worship him in spirit and in truth.

Filipino.

Ain't google grand! (try translating that :pound: ).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

GreyDeSilvisanctis
Recognized Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:15 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: The Pearl of the Orient
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

#112

Post by GreyDeSilvisanctis » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:43 am

Byblos wrote:
GreyDeSilvisanctis wrote:At, siguro, ito na ang kahulugan o manipestasyon ng sinabi sa Bibliya na maraming mga tao sa iba't ibang wika at kultura na magsamba sa kanya sa espiritu at sa katotohanan.

I don't use this language much so I'm a bit rusty. You can use google translate to have a *rough* translation though (It's never given me a proper one in this language as far as I know).
Hmm.., Anyone? y:-?


~Grey :)
And, maybe, it is the meaning or manifestation told in the Bible that many people with different languages and cultures that worship him in spirit and in truth.

Filipino.

Ain't google grand! (try translating that :pound: ).
Haha, close enough google translate! :clap:
The world's shrinking as we know it.

~Grey :lol:
"ג Magna opera Domini, ד exquirenda omnibus, qui cupiunt ea." - Ps. 111:2 [NVV]

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth 'thrown in': aim at Earth and you will get neither." - C.S. Lewis

plummrpaul
Newbie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:22 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

#113

Post by plummrpaul » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:59 pm

God wishes to hide nothing from us in the area of the last days. Many Preachers will say, simply, that "we are not to understand it",when asked anything about the Book of Revelation. What???!!! What does the very word, "revelation", mean, anyway? "To reveal, to uncover"!!! The 666 referred to in Rev. is to tell us-simply-that the Anti-Christ will appear at the 6th trump, 6th seal, 6th vial...and that's it! No "bar-code", no "pope this-or-that", no secret! Right before He was crucified, Jesus told His Disciples, "I have foretold you all things". God doesn't want His people to have to guess about anything, esp. about when to expect the Anti-Christ to appear. Pray for wisdom, and for understanding His Word.

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

#114

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:38 pm

plummrpaul wrote:The 666 referred to in Rev. is to tell us-simply-that the Anti-Christ will appear at the 6th trump, 6th seal, 6th vial...and that's it!
On what do you base the above on?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

CazPerth
Recognized Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:35 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

#115

Post by CazPerth » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:57 am

Awwww I feel like I got the good bit in a mystery novel and some joker pasted clown pictures over the pages! I was enjoying F L's discussion andi nterpretation. Any chance of getting back to it?

User avatar
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3295
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Lower Canuckistan
Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 34 times

Re: Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

#116

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:16 pm

CazPerth wrote:Awwww I feel like I got the good bit in a mystery novel and some joker pasted clown pictures over the pages! I was enjoying F L's discussion andi nterpretation. Any chance of getting back to it?
Of course I could get back to it...but I'm leaving on a 3-week vacation next Friday, so I won't be posting very often.

BTW...I saw a documentary on Perth and thought of you. Nice city! Too bad you drive on the wrong side of the road...

FL y:D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +

CazPerth
Recognized Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:35 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

#117

Post by CazPerth » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:57 am

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
CazPerth wrote:Awwww I feel like I got the good bit in a mystery novel and some joker pasted clown pictures over the pages! I was enjoying F L's discussion andi nterpretation. Any chance of getting back to it?
Of course I could get back to it...but I'm leaving on a 3-week vacation next Friday, so I won't be posting very often.

BTW...I saw a documentary on Perth and thought of you. Nice city! Too bad you drive on the wrong side of the road...

FL y:D
I'll look forward to it! Enjoy your holiday.

Rick D I hope I did not offend with the clown reference, I'd forgotten your avatar is a clown.

User avatar
RickD
Board Moderator
Posts: 21644
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:59 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Kitchen
Has liked: 203 times
Been liked: 1110 times

Re: Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

#118

Post by RickD » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:05 am

CazPerth wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
CazPerth wrote:Awwww I feel like I got the good bit in a mystery novel and some joker pasted clown pictures over the pages! I was enjoying F L's discussion andi nterpretation. Any chance of getting back to it?
Of course I could get back to it...but I'm leaving on a 3-week vacation next Friday, so I won't be posting very often.

BTW...I saw a documentary on Perth and thought of you. Nice city! Too bad you drive on the wrong side of the road...

FL y:D
I'll look forward to it! Enjoy your holiday.

Rick D I hope I did not offend with the clown reference, I'd forgotten your avatar is a clown.
My klown will be paying a visit to your door in Perth!
http://youtu.be/ufwX6aJcIl8

No offense taken. y:o) y>:D<
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

Kenny wrote:
"You don’t need faith, logic, reason, proof, or anything else to be atheist, all you need to do is reject what someone told you."



St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony

CazPerth
Recognized Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:35 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Does 666 Spell Rockefeller?

#119

Post by CazPerth » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:26 am

RickD wrote: My klown will be paying a visit to your door in Perth!
http://youtu.be/ufwX6aJcIl8

No offense taken. y:o) y>:D<
Speechless :pound: y:-/ :shakehead:

Post Reply