End times prophecy checklist...

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: End times prophecy checklist...

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

And God really does move in mysterious ways. Been thinking about, and reading about this.
Never really thought about it. Now, I'm curious.
how so young lady ? y*-:)
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

As I've posted before, trying to apply any certainty or time expectation to future things prophecied are a complete waste of time because of key, currently unknowable variables they depend upon. In a way, for me, this is a bit like questions I have over Creation time, sequences and processes - as SOMEHOW, as God provided the prophecies, I know that SOMEHOW and at SOME point they'll be completely fulfilled, if in some surprising and unexpected ways (which are EXACTLY what I would expect of God - the surprising, the unexpected). And I DO know the time: in HIS perfect timing, per His will, knowledge and control over all things.

The above said, it is hard to believe the world can continue much further, given its current state. However, I'm sure many thought this same thing during WWII - with a world-wide war raging, and one of the key players being obsessed with eliminating the Jews, his logo a broken cross. The key differences are that now Israel is a nation again, just as prophecied. Also, we now truly have the ability and technology to destroy all civilization, with more than a few entities willing and dedicated so, given their ideaologies.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

How it will all end.
For us.
Humanity.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

thesign wrote:You missed one (two).

Daniel 12:12 - "Blessed is he who cometh unto 1,335 days."

That day is specifically prophesied as the First Sunday of Judgment, May 8, 2016 A.D. (P.)

The 1,290 days of Daniel 12:11 ends on Holy Thursday, May 24, 2016 A.D.

The starting period for both is Wednesday, September 12, 2012 A.D.
Well, that is in around 5 months. :swoot:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
thesign
Established Member

Post by thesign »

IceMobster wrote:Well, that is in around 5 months. :swoot:
In less than two hours it will be only 102 days away hence for the first time zone.
sincerely,
St. Elijah (cf. §784, Catholic Catechism),
St. John the Baptist (cf. §785, Catholic Catechism),
Edward Palamar (cf. §786, Catholic Catechism)
Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman, cf. St. Malachy Prophecy)
the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matt. 24:30)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

*Sets alarm*
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Sorry, I`m being mean. I will desist.
thesign
Established Member

Post by thesign »

Storyteller wrote:Sorry, I`m being mean. I will desist.
Given the long history of the prophecy and the interpretation-to-be foretold so long ago, the most current event is the updating of the countdown to the Day of the Lord (Malachi 4:5), Ascension Sunday, May 8, 2016 A.D.

httplink deleted by moderator. This forum is not your personal pulpit to promote your theology

Neither is anywhere the place for your personal tyranny.
Last edited by thesign on Fri May 06, 2016 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
sincerely,
St. Elijah (cf. §784, Catholic Catechism),
St. John the Baptist (cf. §785, Catholic Catechism),
Edward Palamar (cf. §786, Catholic Catechism)
Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman, cf. St. Malachy Prophecy)
the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matt. 24:30)
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

wait, wait, wait. TheSign, you say you're Elijah. Why isn't your name Elijah, then?
Also, why aren't you in Jerusalem preaching?
And shouldn't you only be here for 3 1/2 years?
Whats up with that? Your claimed existence is contradicting His Word?
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Your claimed existence is contradicting His Word?
imagine that, a man claiming to know the will of God the Father, even when His son, our Lord is not given the information ... there are some holes in this theory of yours sign. :shakehead:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Post by SoCalExile »

This explains the idea of birth pangs from a Jewish perspective.
God's grace is not cheap; it's free.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

Can't wait for the explanation when that actually doesn't happen. :pirate:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

There are good bible prophecy teachers and then there are the bad ones.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Post by SoCalExile »

IceMobster wrote:Can't wait for the explanation when that actually doesn't happen. :pirate:
Prophecy is a pattern, not a linear fulfillment. We see glimpses of this pattern as time goes on...Rome, the Caesars, the Popes, various empires, the Holocaust, ecumenicism, etc. etc. Unfortunately most don't realize this, even many Christians. They see one glimpse and they naturally wondered if this is it, and others take advantage of this or voice their own sincere "newspaper exegesis". When it does happen it will be a "convergence" of all the indicators in the Bible.

What we see now is a lot of those indicators converging and being set in place. We haven't seen the kickoff, but it seems the players are coming out onto the field.

A few that we are seeing:

Israel is a nation again, as prophesied in Ezekiel 35-36, EXACTLY on-time, and the Jews are returning to it per Zechariah 8:7-8, and Isaiah 43:5-6
Israel is flourishing as prophesied in Isaiah 41:12-14, Isaiah 41:18-20, Amos 9:11, 13, Ezekiel 36:11, Isaiah 27:6, Micah 4:1, and Isaiah 51:3.

Damascus is about done, per Isaiah 17; though Jeremiah 49:23-27 indicates it may go out with a bang.

Ezekiel 38 tells about a "hook in the jaw" that will drag nations to attack Israel, and they will be accused of doing it for economic gain. Well, turns out Israel has the motherlode of oil and gas.

More Jews are coming to Christ in the last 30 years than all the time before, per Hosea 5:15, Zechariah 13 and 14.

"Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase." Daniel 12:4.

Then you have the "Days of Lot", which are arguably here, and the "Days of Noah", which are close.

"The Great Falling Away" in 2 Thessalonians 2:3 is occurring as people reject and deny Christ.

The growing apostasy in the Church, per 2 Timothy 4:3 - "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths." There are several glimpses/parallels going on with the church today, that were said of Israel during the time of it's apostasy that caused God to let them be taken by Babylon.

I'm sure I'm missing a few, but we aren't into the bad part yet, and we don't know how long until kickoff, but we are seeing the stage set like was said.

BTW, The four horses of Revelation 6 are colored in Greek: white, red, black and green, the same colors as Islamic national flags, which is interesting.

Also the bow in Revelation 6:2 may refer to a rainbow....interesting how gay rights is being used as a weapon against the church these days.
Last edited by SoCalExile on Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoCalExile
Valued Member

Post by SoCalExile »

And contrary to popular beliefs, minus the parts that do occur sequentially in individual books (Revelation, Daniel, Matthew etc.) we don't know 100% how the Quarterback will run the plays. We know what to look for, and we are to watch.