UFO's on the rise?

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

UFO's on the rise?

Post by Gman »

Interesting links..

"In the past 15 years, the Davenport, Wash.-based National UFO Reporting Center has collected more than 30,000 reports of UFO sightings through its hotline and Web site. The following three maps visualize that rich history."

//www.slate.com/id/2278314/?gt1=38001

"This last graph based on the National UFO Reporting Center database shows how dramatically the numbers of people seeing and reporting UFOs has increased also just since 1990..."

//www.nuforc.org/
//www.alienstranger.com/arealiensdemons.htm

The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: UFO's on the rise

Post by Silvertusk »

That map seems to show UFO's appearing mostly around cities. With all the light polution generated from this sprawling metropolises I am not surprised. I think we are pretty safe from invason though.

Silvertusk.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Another religion that is apparently gaining more converts. Crystal Meth is on the rise too :)
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Silvertusk wrote:That map seems to show UFO's appearing mostly around cities. With all the light polution generated from this sprawling metropolises I am not surprised. I think we are pretty safe from invason though.

Silvertusk.
Yes that is certainly a possibility. Other sightings could also be stuff entering the atmosphere like meteorites.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
MarcusOfLycia

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

Gman wrote:Yes that is certainly a possibility. Other sightings could also be stuff entering the atmosphere like meteorites.
Seems to make sense. I have to imagine that a lot of the stuff we've put into orbit is starting to fall back down, which might cause this. I always thought it was funny that Science Fiction was a pretty well-developed genre before "UFO's" started to be associated with aliens invading our planet.
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"
Gman
Old School

Re: UFO's on the rise?

Post by Gman »

And now this...

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... ?GT1=43001

Over the temple mount.

"As dark UFO videos go, this clip showing flashing lights over Jerusalem is certainly a puzzler. A bright speck seems to descend toward the skyline, around the location of the Dome of the Rock (also known as the Temple Mount). A minute into the clip, there's a bright flash, then the speck shoots up from the skyline. This version of the Jan. 28 clip shows two side-by-side videos, captured by observers who were virtually side-by-side as well. "Have fun debunking this one," the YouTube user who posted the video writes."

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Here is the YouTube segment. This time with two different cameras facing the temple mount.. This event occurred on January 28th, just a few days ago followed by an explosion..

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrmPTnhaHzs

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Wow!!! Here is another one. Right OVER THE DOME FOLKS!!!! Possibly faked however..

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY2FFEufsuY&feature=related

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman, do you think that is a "sign in the heavens"?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote: Gman, do you think that is a "sign in the heavens"?
It could be faked too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDWfTDn7 ... re=related

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Gman wrote:
RickD wrote: Gman, do you think that is a "sign in the heavens"?
It could be faked too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDWfTDn7 ... re=related

But, it's on YouTube, it cannot be fake.....
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

RickD wrote:But, it's on YouTube, it cannot be fake.....
Of course, everything you see on Youtube is faked. The second video also doesn't have an explosion like the first ones.

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

There is a forth video now that has just surfaced... For the record. Possibly faked too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u23BiBHv ... r_embedded#

Here they are synchronized. 1,2, and 4. 3 looks faked for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHSqRKmhQcs

Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

The main problem I see with these UFO videos and the Temple mount is that there are numerous web cams that view this area 7 x 24. If this event really happened, people would have come forth with the same shots..

See for yourself..
http://www.virtualjerusalem.com/livekot ... p?affid=18

http://english.thekotel.org/cameras.asp

Ngakunui
Established Member

Post by Ngakunui »

Guys, don't you understand? You have to be absolutely crazy to believe aliens don't exist, because they do exist. For two reasons

1: Everyone says so.
2: I have proof. I shot a video with my uncle(who was a professional photographer, so he let me use the camera instead), which has a real life UFO that isn't fake or anything. I have the video right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl2OIpLk_Dk

Seriously, there's no way to fake a UFO sighting. All those people who mention how easy it is to fake one are just being pessimists. I mean, I certainly didn't go to a hardware store and get a giant metal ring, an LED light, a fishing line, and a pole thing what aforementioned uncle tied the UFO to whilst I tried equally poorly to aim the camera and make it blurry as possible when I made my UFO sighting. And neither did those people who filmed that Jerusalem UFO thing. That's crazy talk, and if you think otherwise, you're a skeptic or an alien who wants to probe us and send everyone into another dark age. Because you're an alien. Yup.