THE SAINTS WILL SHINE ON "THE LAST DAY" !!!

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
MarleneCrouch
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

THE SAINTS WILL SHINE ON "THE LAST DAY" !!!

Post by MarleneCrouch »

The following Scriptures are just a few of the MANY that lead me to believe that the RAPTURE of the church will take place at Christ's 2nd coming; at the very end of the world. The end of time as we know it.

The Lord's Coming - On the Last Day

I love this!!! Notice what else happens when the Lord descends from heaven with His mighty angels in flaming fire (2 thess. 1:8), with a SHOUT, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP of God (1 Thess. 4:16-18; 1 Cor. 15:52). The bodies of those who are in Christ will be CHANGED. Their bodies are going to SHINE - just as Jesus did on the Mount of Transfiguration (Matt. 17:2). Compare the following Scriptures and the beautiful harmony of the Word of God throughout the Scriptures!!! WOW!!!

2 Peter3:10 - But the DAY OF THE LORD will come AS A THIEF IN THE NIGHT; in the which the HEAVENS SHALL PASS AWAY with A GREAT NOISE, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, THE EARTH also and the works that are therein SHALL BE BURNED UP.

Job14:12-15 - so man lieth down, and RISETH NOT: TILL THE HEAVENS BE NO MORE, THEY SHALL NOT AWAKE, NOR BE RAISED OUT OF THEIR SLEEP. 13 O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! 14 IF A MAN DIE, SHALL HE LIVE AGAIN? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, TILL MY CHANGE COME 15 Thou SHALL CALL, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.

1 Corinthians15:51-52 - Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but WE SHALL BE CHANGED, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the LAST TRUMP: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we WE SHALL BE CHANGED.

1 Thessalonians4:16 - For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with A SHOUT, with the voice of the archangel, and with the TRUMP OF GOD: and THE DEAD in Christ shall RISE first:

Jeremiah25:30-31 - Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and UTTER HIS VOICE from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give A SHOUT, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth. 31 A NOISE shall come even TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with ALL FLESH; he will give THEM that are WICKED to the SWORD, saith the LORD.

The same "NOISE" in the above is also seen in 2 Peter 3:10 & Matthew 24:30 below. The "WICKED" and the "SWORD" in the above are also referred to in Revelation 19:15 below.

2 Peter3:10 - But THE DAY OF THE LORD will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with A GREAT NOISE, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Revelation19:15 - And OUT OF HIS MOUTH goeth a SHARP SWORD, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

The "SWORD" coming out of Christ's mouth is the WORD OF GOD, with which all nations will be judged - ON THE LAST DAY; as seen in the following.

Hebrews4:12 - For the WORD OF GOD is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged SWORD, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

John12:48 - He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not MY WORDS, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, THE SAME shall JUDGE HIM in THE LAST DAY.

John6:39-40 - And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at THE LAST DAY. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and BELIEVETH on him, may have everlasting life: and I WILL RAISE HIM UP at THE LAST DAY.

John6:44 - No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I WILL RAISE HIM UP at THE LAST DAY.

John11:24 - Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection AT THE LAST DAY.

Matthew24:21 - For THEN shall be GREAT TRIBULATION, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, NOR EVER SHALL BE.

Daniel12:1-3 - And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be A TIME OF TROUBLE, SUCH AS NEVER WAS since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth SHALL AWAKE, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 And they that be wise SHALL SHINE as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Matthew24:29-31 IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the STARS SHALL FALL FROM HEAVEN, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall SEE THE SON OF MAN COMING IN THE CLOUDS of heaven {cf. Acts 1:11} with power and GREAT GLORY. 31 And he shall send his angels with A GREAT SOUND OF A TRUMPET, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Matthew13:40-43 - As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be IN THE END OF THIS WORLD. 41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 THEN shall the righteous SHINE forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Isaiah 60:1-2 - 1 Arise, SHINE; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. 2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and HIS GLORY SHALL BE SEEN UPON THEE.

2 Thessalonians1:7-12 7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8 IN FLAMING FIRE taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the PRESENCE of the Lord, and from THE GLORY of his power; 10 WHEN he shall come to be GLORIFIED IN HIS SAINTS, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day. 11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power: 12 That the name of our Lord Jesus CHRIST MAY BE GLORIFED IN YOU, AND YOU IN HIM, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans8:17-18 - And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also GLORIFIED TOGETER. 18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with THE GLORY WHICH SHALL BE REVELED IN US.

Philippians3:20-21 - For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: 21 Who shall CHANGE our vile body, that it may be fashioned LIKE UNTO HIS GLORIOUS BODY, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Psalm17:15 As for me, I will BEHOLD THY FACE in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, WHEN I AWAKE, WITH THY LIKENESS.

1 John3:2 - Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, WHEN HE SHALL APPEAR, we shall be LIKE HIM; for WE SHALL SEE HIM as he is.

1 Corinthians13:12 - For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then FACE TO FACE: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Revelation 22:4 - And they shall SEE HIS FACE; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

The above verses, along with many others, point to the "rapture" of the church taking place "after" the great tribulation. The correlation of these Scriptures are easily seen in the King James Version as the translators of the KJV were more consistent in using identical words and phrased in describing like events.